News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on July 20, 2017, 03:20:50 PM
Bored at work?  Wanna give my super informative blog a click?

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/which-video-streaming-service-has-the-best-original-content

Thanks dudes!

Sweet blog, bro!  I might put Netflix above HBO, but I agree for the most part.

One of my favorite things about Amazon Prime is that it includes all of HBO's catalog (with exception to currently airing seasons).  It's not a good substitute, because who wants to be half a year behind on GoT?,but it's a nice selling point when it comes to completed series (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, et al).

I cancelled Hulu after the free trial.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: ytowndan on July 20, 2017, 03:49:14 PM

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/which-video-streaming-service-has-the-best-original-content

Thanks dudes!

One of my favorite things about Amazon Prime is that it includes all of HBO's catalog (with exception to currently airing seasons).  It's not a good substitute, because who wants to be half a year behind on GoT?,but it's a nice selling point when it comes to completed series (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, et al).

Thanks man, yeah Amazon is getting better and better and is basically poised to take over the known universe at this point. 

Anyway, it feels good to get paid to write again! 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

click'd
writing for aperion, huh?

this starts tomorrow.
looks sweet, pretty much a breaking bad with jason bateman

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on July 20, 2017, 04:48:11 PM

Thanks dudes!

Thanks man, yeah Amazon is getting better and better and is basically poised to take over the known universe at this point. 

good read - honestly, HULU is good because it has the Golden Girls - without that the wife would not have let me cut the cord.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 20, 2017, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 20, 2017, 04:48:11 PM

Thanks dudes!

good read - honestly, HULU is good because it has the Golden Girls - without that the wife would not have let me cut the cord.

Ha, let me tell you, when I was in the hospital the two hour block of Golden Girls on Hallmark channel was one of the highlights of my day, no joke. 

Thanks again dudes, trying to parlay this into a full time marketing job with Aperion. 

susep

mbw

Pretty well made and intriguing UFO/alien documentary.

WillBreathes

Finally finished season 2 of Master of None, very very nice.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mopper_smurf

Quote from: WillBreathes on September 09, 2017, 01:23:16 PM
Finally finished season 2 of Master of None, very very nice.

The last three episodes were not that great IMO.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on July 20, 2017, 05:20:58 PM
click'd
writing for aperion, huh?

this starts tomorrow.
looks sweet, pretty much a breaking bad with jason bateman

The wife and I have binged this the past two weekends. We're watching the final episode tonight when she gets home from work. It's a really great series. A lot of metaphorical things happen and it makes me think about the series when I'm doing other things such as cutting the grass yesterday I began exploring all the metaphors in my head. I love it when shows make me do that!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Do you like music? And New Orleans? And characters? And documentaries?

Then you'll love this:

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

YES!!! You are correct. In fact, I need to watch it again soon!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

James Booker was definitely a character. I don't remember if this was something I read elsewhere or from that movie, but there was a time when Jerry invited him to play a couple gigs, and they had a practice session, and James Booker treated him as if he was just some sideman that was working for HIM, and took the lead on everything, doing his own songs, and telling Jerry what to do do. James Booker...pure genius.

eta: found some more info on that session, if anyone wanted:
http://lostlivedead.blogspot.com/2012/05/january-9-10-1976-sophies-palo-alto-ca.html

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.