News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 08, 2019, 11:11:12 AM
Quote from: gah on February 08, 2019, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 08, 2019, 10:56:57 AM
Headsup that Mike is on Under The Scales next week.

mike who?

I think he's the guy from this Barika band...

Meh. I've heard of him, but he's kinda over-rated. He used to play in this band called Phish that was decent, but last I heard he was wasting his talent away in some group called MGB he formed to honor a car from back in the day. I'll pass.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Apparently he was also turned down to join The Who even though they really needed a bass player.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

rowjimmy

Here's the Neal Casal interview that I helped with last week.

rowjimmy

My interview with Billy Strings is on this week's episode of The Drop.

Also, rj interviews Jefferson Waful about his departure from Umphrey's McGee and there's a clip our his and my talk with Kyle Hollingsworth at DelFest.

https://thedrop.simplecast.com/episodes/episode-9-jefferson-waful-billy-strings

rowjimmy

Here's the video from my interview with Billy Strings

The rest will be coming out in due course.

mopper_smurf

RJ interview trifecta. Dude is on a roll. Will listen/watch.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

mbw

rowjimmy

Del McCoury & his grandson, Heaven

Buffalo Budd

What a gentleman.
Love the Oswego mention, my only time I was fortunate enough to see him in action.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Ronnie McCoury telling some guy in a funny hat about meeting Jerry Garcia.

Full interview is on that guy's podcast: https://brokedownpodcast.blogspot.com/2019/06/delfest-2019.html

Adan Aijala from YMSB talks to the guy in the hat and his friend who is also called RJ

cactusfan

NYT interview with Trey:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/24/magazine/trey-anastasio-phish.html

As far as I can tell, the fan consensus is that it even though the band got back together in 2009, it wasn't until 2012 or 2013 that it found its mojo. Is that how you see it?

I agree. There was a seriousness to the music starting in 2009 that was based not on fear but on the acknowledgment of the finite nature of things. We'd had a youthful exuberance for so long, and naïve youthful exuberance is what makes rock 'n' roll great. We were flying high on the wave. Nothing was ever going to stop. Then you wake up in the jail cell. It was a shock to realize how tenuous the whole thing was. And it took until 2013 to find out how to play with risk. Before then I'd been thinking, How do I play music in a risky way when the experience that I went through made me a cautious person?

What's the answer?

A new and better and deeper and richer point of view: Every concert is the most important. Every song is the most important song. So is every note, and every note is also perfectly imperfect. I'm trying to learn to accept the two sides of the coin. What I thought was the worst thing that was happening to me — when flashing police lights were around me and I was yanked out of my life — turned out to be the single best thing in many ways. Hopefully these lessons and maturity have taken me to a place of staying even more in the moment, and that has resulted in a more breathing, organic kind of improvisation. To my ear it has.

tet

I love the whole interview.  I also love that I am potentially controlling the band...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish