News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/05 pre-show chatter

Started by Jessy111191, June 05, 2009, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on June 05, 2009, 05:51:04 PM
Quote from: deuce2_420 on June 05, 2009, 05:47:33 PM
phishtube dude said he got an extra battery booster and may do audio only tonight due to the rain.  He's currently live on the drive to Jones Beach.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/phishtube

this fucking guy cracks me up.

haters can hate. i Love this guy.
is he rapping yet?  :lol:

EDIT: here he goes!!  :-o :lol: :lol:
"LVL 2 SWINE FLU, etcetc"

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 05:58:05 PM

LOL, what I came to post.

"level 2 swine flu, whatchu gonna do?!"

Blaise

phishtube dude said he got an extra battery booster and may do audio only tonight due to the rain.  He's currently live on the drive to Jones Beach.

I only watched, didn't listen but that dude rapping is pretty funny. I'm assuming thats a wig right?

VA $l!m

Quote from: Blaise on June 05, 2009, 06:03:30 PM

I only watched, didn't listen but that dude rapping is pretty funny. I'm assuming thats a wig right?

negative.

as corny as this gut can be, i really think his efforts for this tour should go down in the books as awesomely generous!
and FWIW, i really hope somehow our site can at least get him some love in some way in return for the efforts. if he's still on @ red rocks, i'll try and get someone to dirrect me to his location so i can thank him personally.

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 06:05:43 PM

EDIT: here he goes!!  :-o :lol: :lol:

negative.

as corny as this gut can be, i really think his efforts for this tour should go down in the books as awesomely generous!
and FWIW, i really hope somehow our site can at least get him some love in some way in return for the efforts. if he's still on @ red rocks, i'll try and get someone to dirrect me to his location so i can thank him personally.

yeah he's running away with the MVP award

edit:
now he's imploring the fans to stop texting and calling people during the show because they're using bandwidth and fucking up the stream  :lol:

Blaise

Quote from: blatboom on June 05, 2009, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 06:05:43 PM

negative.

yeah he's running away with the MVP award

He was just talking about this and was saying how since he has done these streams he hasn't gotten nearly all of his tickets for free and many other donations that is allowing him to do almost all of the tour.

He also said that the reason is the streaming is getting messed up is bc everyone else is using there phones and clogging the network, which gets his stream messed up. He's hoping no one uses there phone, good luck I guess.

guyforget

I dont mind having my phone on, i just bookmark the 'reply' link for the thread so it takes about 2 seconds to post. I dont read the chatter unless i happen to take a second to read the post above mine when it refreshes to that page after posting.  Tonight might be the night to keep it concealed if it continues to pour like this. 

And I had to have it on last night for Pens updates from my fiancee who has apparently been following the threads here. Hi babe.

Anyway, currently raining moderately have, has been for hours. Doesnt seem to be many extras around but we havent really left the car but for a few minutes at a time. Whyweigh came over and hung out for a bit, and I ran into redrum down by the beach during a short soundcheck.

-AD_

VA $l!m

actually i'd be interested for him to just stream the audio one night in hopes that it would be better  since their wasnt video to lag it up(?)

blatboom

Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 06:16:41 PM
actually i'd be interested for him to just stream the audio one night in hopes that it would be better  since their wasnt video to lag it up(?)

I think that's a good idea.  I usually don't watch the video anyway because it causes my comp to lag.

kellerb

intriguing theory about everyone texting at the beginning of each song causing the stream to freeze up.  My theory of phish rocking too hard for the stream is not quite as technical.

VA $l!m

UPDATE:

my best friend is on teh lLOT -- & still needs a ticket, but she's stoked anyway because she's hangin out with TOM MARSHALL right now!

kellerb

Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 06:22:19 PM
UPDATE:

my best friend is on teh lLOT -- & still needs a ticket, but she's stoked anyway because she's hangin out with TOM MARSHALL right now!

Tom doesn't have an extra for her?!

VA $l!m

Quote from: kellerb on June 05, 2009, 06:25:26 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2009, 06:22:19 PM
UPDATE:

Tom doesn't have an extra for her?!

i know right?!!

khalpin

I'm going with the Chalkdust opener pick again.

okelnard

I'll call for a Guyute tonight... opener?  maybe not, could be 2nd set opener.

I guess all the tapers had to catch up on sleep as there are no DLs right now for 6/4

Opener:  Curtain with.

Melt: sometime tonight easily.

Sand.  First Tube.

DWD as the monster of the 2nd set?

Those are my 2 cents worth... I'll check back once the show start and see what has happened...
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson