News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/14 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 14, 2011, 11:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed myself and the show. Setlist wasn't perfect but you take the good with the bad.
Is this still Wombat?

sophist

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 15, 2011, 10:14:52 AM
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed myself and the show. Setlist wasn't perfect but you take the good with the bad.
great meeting you last night btw.  See you on lot again tonight! 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Undermind

Giving Fluffhead a listen.  I remember think while watching last night that it was very well played.  Best of 3.0?
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 15, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
This guy pretty much nailed it...

http://blog.phish.net/1308144044/alpharetta-1-recap

I love this couple of sentences regarding Possum.

QuoteIf I see someone with a Possum sign, I will tackle them. Speaking of Possum, it wouldn't be 2011 if we didn't get another version. Preceeded by a MOMA Dance that found Trey stretching his legs on the solo a little, we had yet another Possum. This song must die. Why? There are two theories. Holdsworth needs the royalty checks or there's some inside joke.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Hicks

Quote from: Nobes on June 15, 2011, 07:58:47 AM
Does a show have to have mega bust outs to considered good?

I had a great time watching from the couch. The band looked happy and subsequently made me happy. Well-played too, so no real complaints from me. Go ahead, abuse me now for liking Phish.

No, but only six songs that haven't already been played in the last week or so makes it seem like they were kind of going through the motions for a big chunk of the show.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: sophist on June 15, 2011, 10:19:28 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 15, 2011, 10:14:52 AM
great meeting you last night btw.  See you on lot again tonight!

For sure. Likewise.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2011, 11:18:51 AM
Quote from: Nobes on June 15, 2011, 07:58:47 AM
Does a show have to have mega bust outs to considered good?

I had a great time watching from the couch. The band looked happy and subsequently made me happy. Well-played too, so no real complaints from me. Go ahead, abuse me now for liking Phish.

No, but only six songs that haven't already been played in the last week or so makes it seem like they were kind of going through the motions for a big chunk of the show tour.

fyp
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

WhatstheUse?

Wow, i can't believe all the meh reviews. Y'all need to get over the fact that they are going to repeats ton of songs, that's just the way it is this tour. Can't let it take away from the quality of a show.

Last night was way better than both MPPs, Camden and Mansfield imo.

Light Up or Leave me alone, Gin, Sand, DWD and Maze were great. I can't wait to listen back to that Light Up or Leave Me Alone, Trey was really going off.

The Alpharetta crowd is bonkers. The south knows how to party!

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

LUOLMA was really nice, great fiery playing from Trey. Sand -> DWD was all great as well. And the Hair Metal licks from Trey in Maze were really fun to watch and hear.

And the little Page interlude between Bug -> ADITL was beautiful.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on June 15, 2011, 12:21:05 PM

Dude.  Nobody calls it "LUOLMA".

Quote from: Undermind on June 15, 2011, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: tet on June 15, 2011, 12:11:36 AM
it should be Light Up or Leave Me Alone, but will probably be Maze...
I agree that LUOLMA should be the choice, but Fluffhead hasn't been picked on this tour yet and last night's was very well played imo.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 15, 2011, 12:09:15 PM
Y'all need to get over the fact that they are going to repeats ton of songs, that's just the way it is this tour.

:lol:

3.0 apologist'd
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 15, 2011, 12:23:44 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 15, 2011, 12:21:05 PM

Dude.  Nobody calls it "LUOLMA".

Quote from: Undermind on June 15, 2011, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: tet on June 15, 2011, 12:11:36 AM
it should be Light Up or Leave Me Alone, but will probably be Maze...
I agree that LUOLMA should be the choice, but Fluffhead hasn't been picked on this tour yet and last night's was very well played imo.

I meant to tell Undermind that too.

JPhishman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 15, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
This guy pretty much nailed it...

http://blog.phish.net/1308144044/alpharetta-1-recap

Calling that Ocelot "sneaky good" is on the money. It was a dope rendition.

I really enjoyed the whole first set quite a bit really. Energy going into the Gin jam was nice and bouncy, felt like something was really gonna happen. Felt like they could have kept going after they peaked it but were just happy that they hit a nice peak and called it good.

Gotta echo everyone else on the Sand>DWD>Maze enjoyment, although obv I felt Maze could've come about 10 minutes later. If they cut out Carini and Meatstick and expanded a smidge on a couple other tunes (2001 perhaps)  that set would have been a lot better.

2001 is getting played just as much as Possum, but you don't hear anyone complaining. Love that tune. I just hope when I see it later this summer its an 8 min + version rather than a 5er. Eh, at this rate I'm gonna see it like 4 times so I'm sure one of them will be a heater.

Psyched for tonight! Couch terr party at my crib with Hicks, Caravan and Burmesepython.  :rawk:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

DoW

Quote from: McGrupp on June 15, 2011, 12:26:40 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 15, 2011, 12:09:15 PM
Y'all need to get over the fact that they are going to repeats ton of songs, that's just the way it is this tour.

:lol:
I agree that this is how it is which is why I took a different approach this tour.  it still led to negativity for me.
I have nothing else to say since I am trying not to be negative.   :-D

shows are still fun live though.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate