News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Garaj Mahal

Started by McGrupp, May 04, 2006, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Has anyone else heard these guys? They RIP!!

Crazy musicianship, and really really interesting tunes. It's like the perfect mix of jazz/funk/indian (sitar).

www.garajmahal.net

I think there are a few shows going around bt.etree, but you can download a few tunes from the website too. I really dig "Mondo Garaj".

These guys are cool.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gimmetela

Yeah, saw 'em a couple years ago in a dive of a bar in Asheville, NC....really enoyed myself.

I have to be careful not to confuse them with Garage a Trois (who also rip.  stanton moore, charlie hunter, skerik, and mike dillon.....sweeeeeeeeeeeet.)

cleech74

I always get the two confused.  :?
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

gimmetela

both a great time.
both talented.
both started in a garage--i assume. :roll:

cactusfan

yep, i've seen both bands and both are very good.
though i have to give the edge to anything with skerik.

there's a little tour going on right now, coming to LA and SF this month called 'the coalition of the willing' which includes skerik and charlie hunter.

i'm going...

CRAZYED

Garaj rules.  I saw them quite a few times a few years back, but now I havent seen them the past few for whatever reason.

Garage A Trois rules too!  Good stuff.

Buffalo Budd

I heard last night that these guys are playing June 23 at a festy not to far away from me.
Debating making the drive just for the one night.
Can they still bring it in 2018?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 15, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
I heard last night that these guys are playing June 23 at a festy not to far away from me.

I can't imagine that it'll suck.

westcider

Fareed Haque will always bring it.  go see him whenever you can

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: westcider on June 16, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Fareed Haque will always bring it.  go see him whenever you can

Ridiculously talented drummer in that group too, highly recommended.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

rowjimmy

Alan Hertz is the man.