News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R12/W07: 1997-06-20 Archa Theatre, Prague, Czech Republic

Started by phil, August 08, 2011, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

Phish
Archa Theatre
Prague, Czech Republic

Source: Schoeps cmc6/mk4 > Sonosax SX-M2 > DA-P1 > Clone (unknown gen)

-------------------------------------------
Disc 1                              [62:49]
Set I:
01. Taste >                         [11:24]
02. Jam ->                          [05:16]
03. Cities >                        [06:57]
04. Horn ->                         [03:56]
05. Jam ->                          [01:13]
06. Ain't Love Funny ->             [06:36]
07. Limb x Limb ->                  [08:08]
08. I Don't Care >                  [07:05]
09. Run Like an Antelope            [12:14]

Disc 2                              [72:23]
Set II:
01. Jam ->                          [01:31]
02. David Bowie                     [19:32]
03. Ghost                           [12:12]
04. Bye Bye Foot                    [05:28]
05. Ginseng Sulllivan >             [03:47]
06. Cavern >                        [04:31]
07. Twist                           [13:16]
08. Bouncin' Around the Room >      [03:41]
09. Julius                          [08:25]

Disc 3                              [07:55]
01. When the Circus Comes           [05:14]
02. Rocky Top                       [02:41]

Lossy: http://www.mediafire.com/?3f94ije92ha1v

Lossless: http://www.mediafire.com/?evc3rthrs17pm
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

khalpin

phil

Quote from: khalpin on August 08, 2011, 09:54:15 PM
Great pick!

Thanks, I'm a sucker for those '97 Europe shows. It was a toss-up between this and 2/16/97, but this won out because of the crazy first set.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

emay

phil

runawayjimbo

As I said in the ISO, the lossless link is missing a handful of tracks in the second set. It's up on etree if needed: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=519874
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

whatapiper

Set I

Taste - Nice surprise as an opener!  I never complain about getting one of these and this one delivers.   The boys sound tight in their Euro shed from the start and Trey just destroys his solo before butchering the finish.  A little surprise >

Jam - gets MMW'ish there for a second, they must be having fun. Nice funky lead into >

Cities - Page is holding this down nicely, extremely sexy groove and Clav drops littered throughout.   Would have loved a little more of that cow funk before the slow down into >

Horn - Hard hitting version from Fish and sounds great overall through the tapes.   Not perfect but a nice "jam" that ripples into >

Ain't Love Funny - Just enough time to get another drink.  Great flow so far this set.   I like the noodling finish and play between Trey and Page.   What an unexpected ending >

Limb - Not the greatest segue and first hiccup in that regard this set.   Mid first set Limb is just fine by me but not too impressed here until the leap into >

I Don't Care - Sounds like Zero on opiates then another crazy finish into >

Antelope - A little sloppy start but gets the ride going quick.  Insane finish!!!

Overall set I had amazing flow with the one hitch into Limb.   Pretty short but I would have been more than stoked for the 2nd set.

Set II

Jam - Is there any other way to open up >

Bowie - Show highlight thus far, great cohesiveness and Fish gets the prize for listening.   Reminds me of earlier versions where Fish was just behind Trey and adjusting the beat.  Again Trey playing with different themes and everyone allowing them to develop.  Smokin version

Ghost - Yes please and thank you, the Ghosts of 1.0 past.  Clav funk madness and big slaps from Mike.   Slow build with plenty of rawk and loaded with the gooey goodness of those 97 Ghosts.  Abrupt ending that begs for a restart, instead...

Bye Bye Foot - Another choice moment for the calling of nature and a cold one

Ginseng - Hmmm, not sure where we are headed here...

Cavern - Fun but not after the extended break.   Again the funk ensues and makes this version shine a bit. 

Twist - Back on track here.  Nice jam and bluesy finish

Bouncin - We're doing this again?  Although it seems to kinda fit after that twist

Julius - Rawk

E: Circus - I do like this song, but...

Rocky Top - yessir

Overall the flow of the first set could not be beat.   The obvious meat came with Bowie but no complaints with the Ghost and Twist...

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong