News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Natural

Quote from: barnesy305 on March 05, 2013, 08:32:46 PM
Some good news today.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550615/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-acquitted-in-fan-death-i-am-a-free-man

As an ex-Richmonder who had the good fortune of seeing those dudes back when they were BurnThePriest, that news is a great relief. We've all been wiggin' out about the whole thing.
Thrash on.  :rawk:
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

Mr. Natural

"Such Hawks Such Hounds explores the music and musicians of the American hard rock underground circa 1970-2007, focusing on the psychedelic and '70s proto-metal-derived styles that have in recent years formed a rich body of unclassifiable sounds."

I like how they have 'chapters' on various bands. How can you go wrong with 14 minutes on Kyuss?!  Also, sections on Sleep, Earthless, and a bunch of others.

barnesy305

Quote from: Mr. Natural on March 17, 2013, 02:52:10 AM

"Such Hawks Such Hounds explores the music and musicians of the American hard rock underground circa 1970-2007, focusing on the psychedelic and '70s proto-metal-derived styles that have in recent years formed a rich body of unclassifiable sounds."

I like how they have 'chapters' on various bands. How can you go wrong with 14 minutes on Kyuss?!  Also, sections on Sleep, Earthless, and a bunch of others.

Great doc, love the piece on Pentagram.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Mr. Natural on March 17, 2013, 02:52:10 AM

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Mr. Natural

Since '89, I've been trying to find the song in the background of this scene -

... fast forward 24 years ... and thank you, interwebs messageboards.

@ 3:55.

(fuckin' Tesla!?    I know.)

whatthecello42

Quote'Dracula' Icon Christopher Lee Becomes Oldest Musician to Chart on Billboard at 91 Years Old
One song off Lee's 2013 Christmas disc is 'Jingle Hell,' a heavy metal take on 'Jingle Bells.'  The track rules, by the way, and at 91 years old, Christopher Lee became the oldest musician to hit Billboard as 'Jingle Hell' nabbed the No. 22 spot on the 'Hot 100′ chart. As of this posting 'Jingle Hell' is up to No. 18.

http://loudwire.com/christopher-lee-oldest-man-to-chart-on-billboard/

khalpin

anthrax

anthrax

^^^ kevin, have you heard the metal allegiance album?

khalpin

Quote from: anthrax on October 29, 2015, 06:30:05 PM
^^^ kevin, have you heard the metal allegiance album?
Actually, I had not...until I read your post.  Listening to it now.  I'm two tracks into it and it's pretty damn cool!   :rawk:

anthrax

khalpin

Slayer Christmas lights.....

emay

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

fuck yeah

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 09, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

fuck yeah

Indeed. Thank you on behalf of all of us at the mopper residence.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

anthrax