News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mark Foley....

Started by sophist, October 04, 2006, 09:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"unhappy Republican members speculated about a campaign plot hatched by Democrats and the liberal news media.

this is always the first target. they obviously need to move beyond the "communist plot' theory and look inward
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

a voice of reason:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1543860,00.html

good read, it sums up my feelings pretty much(I disagree with some of descriptions of 94 repubs).  I'm ready for change  :-)
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

bacchist

the drudge report is extremely biased
Rebuilding...

sophist

and that fact is new?  :wink:
I linked b/c it provided an exclusive update(october 5th) with the situation. 
however, it has since (the facts regarding the specific IM) been discussed openly, I can change the link if you like?

sls.stormyrider

good stuff, phan.
of course the drudge report is biased. so is fox news- you know  it when you turn it on.
hopefully, there will be a change. actually, what I hope even more is that it won't be change just for the sake of change, but a real improvement.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Drudge goes beyond biased. Some of his 'exclusives' have, in the past, proven to be placed partisan propaganda. No exclusive on his site should be considered reliable until corroborated elsewhere.

sophist

I agree RJ, however it has since been proven elsewhere that it was a "joke gone wrong."  But other sites have left out the "evil democrat plan" section. 

danje

I couldn't read more than 2 pages into those AIM conversations. I'm actually laughing looking back at when I was reading them because my face was cringed the whole time  :|

What sites do you guys get your news from? I'm a daily Drudge reader and I enjoy the setup of the site. I know hes really biased in giving the links descriptions but they are links after all. Its also a of bit comic relief for some of the headlines when you actually read the article and see how BS his headline is.

sophist

I'm a fan of
realclearpolitics.com
moveon.org
Townhall
Randi Rhodes website
and
Glenn Beck's website

I like to check both sides of the spectrum.

sophist

Quote from: danje on October 09, 2006, 08:18:03 PM
I couldn't read more than 2 pages into those AIM conversations. I'm actually laughing looking back at when I was reading them because my face was cringed the whole time  :|

What sites do you guys get your news from? I'm a daily Drudge reader and I enjoy the setup of the site. I know hes really biased in giving the links descriptions but they are links after all. Its also a of bit comic relief for some of the headlines when you actually read the article and see how BS his headline is.

^today's headlines really bring your point across:
http://www.drudgereport.com/
The picture had me lmao. 

sophist

update:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/abc_exclusive_n.html

QuoteABC Exclusive: No Prosecution Likely for Foley

December 08, 2006 7:38 PM

Pierre Thomas Reports:

Jason Ryan contributed to this report:

According to Justice Department officials, it is unlikely that the U.S. Attorney's office in Washington will press forward on a prosecution in the Foley case.

According to several sources, prosecutors have had difficulty establishing probable cause of a crime. The barrier in getting past the probable cause threshold was the statute on transmitting obscene materials to minors. Under federal law, the age of minors receiving obscene materials is 16.
bullshit  :x

he should be on his way to jail.