News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I showed a guy how to print and I rebooted a machine for another guy...

I think I'm about maxed out for a friday.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 04, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
Talk about Phoning it in. I'm not even going to go in until 11 today, and then the night bartender comes in at 4 so I should have just enough time to catch a decent buzz before I get to come back home.
I need a job like that.

Talk about phoning it in - I get to work and am surfing the 'Paug when I get a call from my manager in a meeting room, 'aren't you supposed to be somewhere?' 
I guess I was supposed to be in a meeting with our finance dept.  Fail!  :shakehead:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 04, 2010, 10:03:44 AM

I talked with a guy about Mic Pre's - have you seen this one?

http://www.recording-microphones.co.uk/GApre-73mic-preamp.shtml

Then I explained to another guy how the HDMI on one of our amps doesn't pass audio, just video.

Good times.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Phishy69 on June 04, 2010, 10:05:55 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on June 04, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
Talk about Phoning it in. I'm not even going to go in until 11 today, and then the night bartender comes in at 4 so I should have just enough time to catch a decent buzz before I get to come back home.
I need a job like that.

I'd gladly trade drinking on the job for making more money. That's why I iz going back to college.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

given that everyone in my office was at Tom's retirement party last night drinking copious amounts of Stags' Leap Cabernet, I think the office is empty today. I'm "working from home" and already done with my one con-call for the day. I'm meeting a co-worker at 11 for coffee... we were supposed to meet in the office, but he's "working from home" today, too. Love it!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

don't even think i'll be able to make it in....

sophist

I'm at work but haven't done a damn thing today.  Feels great.  I'll do a few things after lunch though. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on June 04, 2010, 10:08:21 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 04, 2010, 10:03:44 AM

I talked with a guy about Mic Pre's - have you seen this one?

http://www.recording-microphones.co.uk/GApre-73mic-preamp.shtml

Inneresting...

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Phoning it in a little early this week...

willsteele

Very early.  First two hours today wasted.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

PIE-GUY

Considering I'm already in chicago and I'm not technically off today. Oh well.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 10, 2010, 11:03:48 AM
Considering I'm already in chicago and I'm not technically off today. Oh well.

Gotta love those mobile devices. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on June 10, 2010, 10:59:03 AM

Phoning it in a little early this week...

Fuck yeah, its my friday.  Gotta get in a good 8 hours of phone-it-inage to keep my stats balanced