News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TSA Thread

Started by VDB, November 18, 2010, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 23, 2010, 07:31:20 PM
Most concerning is the lack of hand jobs.

If you've seen those guys at TSA (American and French versions), you would be happy to go without.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on December 23, 2010, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 23, 2010, 07:31:20 PM
Most concerning is the lack of hand jobs.

If you've seen those guys at TSA (American and French versions), you would be happy to go without.

So, it's a staffing issue, huh?

StCarl

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1940324.shtml

In a complaint filed Monday morning in the U.S. District Court for Minnesota, Ventura is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its secretary, Janet Napolitano, as well as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and its administrator, John Pistole.

Ventura accuses the agencies of violating his "basic rights to privacy and dignity, and his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures," after he received a pat-down by a TSA agent at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in November 2010.

Ventura, who said he has a titanium implant after hip replacement surgery in 2008, alleges the pat-down included "warrantless, non-suspicion-based offensive touching, gripping and rubbing of the genital and other sensitive areas of his body," which, the lawsuit contends, met "the definition for an unlawful sexual assault."
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I think the real issue isn't the invasiveness of full body scans, but rather the lack of security at private airports (Some of which fly planes that are identical to commerical jetliners.)

rowjimmy

Quote from: StCarl on January 26, 2011, 02:18:03 PM
Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1940324.shtml

In a complaint filed Monday morning in the U.S. District Court for Minnesota, Ventura is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its secretary, Janet Napolitano, as well as the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and its administrator, John Pistole.

Ventura accuses the agencies of violating his "basic rights to privacy and dignity, and his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures," after he received a pat-down by a TSA agent at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in November 2010.

Ventura, who said he has a titanium implant after hip replacement surgery in 2008, alleges the pat-down included "warrantless, non-suspicion-based offensive touching, gripping and rubbing of the genital and other sensitive areas of his body," which, the lawsuit contends, met "the definition for an unlawful sexual assault."
:clap:

VDB

TSA testing new software to make body scanners less intrusive.

So, instead of producing a nudie x-ray pic, the scanner will alert an agent if it detects an object, and then you get patted down.

Of course, this does nothing to address the issues of:

1. Invasive hand pat-downs when an object is detected
2. Potential health risks of exposure to x-rays

Frankly, the thought of some agent in a remote room seeing a grayscale negative of my junk was always the least of my objections.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Whistle-blowing witch grounded by TSA
Wiccan is fired after complaint about casting spells — and after she complained about lax security at the airport

Even setting aside the specific dispute at the center of this story, this article contains enough other tidbits to make me not feel any better about TSA or the people who work there...
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Ten years after 9/11, airport security still not getting it
When my safety scissors were taken away, it hit me: We're stuck with this nonsense permanently, aren't we?

http://www.salon.com/news/air_travel/index.html?story=/tech/col/smith/2011/04/19/airport_security
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 28, 2011, 02:36:56 PM
Wiccan is fired after complaint about casting spells — and after she complained about lax security at the airport

Even setting aside the specific dispute at the center of this story, this article contains enough other tidbits to make me not feel any better about TSA or the people who work there...
Wow, that is some fucked up shit.

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 19, 2011, 01:49:27 PM
When my safety scissors were taken away, it hit me: We're stuck with this nonsense permanently, aren't we?

http://www.salon.com/news/air_travel/index.html?story=/tech/col/smith/2011/04/19/airport_security
And that's what I've been thinking since Orange Alert has been in effect since 2001. Who decides when that level goes down, and what happens if it ever does? Probably nothing, flying is just going to be a huge pain in the ass in the future. I mean this sucks now, but I can't imagine what might come in the future.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: phishhead92 on April 21, 2011, 01:46:35 PM

And that's what I've been thinking since Orange Alert has been in effect since 2001. Who decides when that level goes down, and what happens if it ever does? Probably nothing, flying is just going to be a huge pain in the ass in the future. I mean this sucks now, but I can't imagine what might come in the future.

At least its Orange and not Bright Orange or even Blaze orange.  WOW we would be in trouble.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

ytowndan

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on April 21, 2011, 01:49:08 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on April 21, 2011, 01:46:35 PM

At least its Orange and not Bright Orange or even Blaze orange.  WOW we would be in trouble.

Haven't you heard?  We're changing the terror alert system. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Bobafett

So i recently flied and forgot to put in my report.

While in MS, i bought 2 grams of some nice stuff, maybe a 6.5 out of 10, which trust me is good for MS.  The whole plan was to smoke a little while fishing, then i was going to kick it with Farmer and his wife and kids, eat some shrooms and smoke it all in a fat blunt.  Ok, so i thought i did.

While going thru the airport in Birmingham, the TSA lady ran my laptop case thru twice, i made eye contact and smiled with my southern gentleman style and moved right along.  I get back to my room and plug in the laptop, when what falls out?  A fuckin bag of weed.  granted it was only a bowls worth, but damn.  I had it on me the whole trip thru Houston and Denver!  Now I am certainly thankful that i didn't go directly to jail, but seriously.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Bobafett on April 21, 2011, 05:37:52 PM
So i recently flied and forgot to put in my report.

While in MS, i bought 2 grams of some nice stuff, maybe a 6.5 out of 10, which trust me is good for MS.  The whole plan was to smoke a little while fishing, then i was going to kick it with Farmer and his wife and kids, eat some shrooms and smoke it all in a fat blunt.  Ok, so i thought i did.

While going thru the airport in Birmingham, the TSA lady ran my laptop case thru twice, i made eye contact and smiled with my southern gentleman style and moved right along.  I get back to my room and plug in the laptop, when what falls out?  A fuckin bag of weed.  granted it was only a bowls worth, but damn.  I had it on me the whole trip thru Houston and Denver!  Now I am certainly thankful that i didn't go directly to jail, but seriously.
. It wasn't a bomb. Should be fine. ;-)
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

QuoteOfficials say an 18-month-old girl was mistakenly pulled off a JetBlue flight before it left Fort Lauderdale because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list.

An airline employee boarded the Newark, N.J.-bound flight before it departed Tuesday evening, telling the family their toddler was on the federal list that includes thousands of known or suspected terrorists.

JetBlue on Thursday blamed the problem on a computer glitch, saying employees were following proper protocol. The U.S. Transportation Security Administration says the girl never was flagged by the agency.

The child's parents told ABC affiliate WPBF they believe they were targeted because they are of Middle Eastern descent and the mother wears a hijab.

The family was cleared to re-board. But they declined, saying they were too embarrassed.

You mean to tell me that accepting the premise that an 18 month old could plausibly belong on a no-fly list is considered "proper protocol"??

via
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 11, 2012, 09:42:36 AM
QuoteOfficials say an 18-month-old girl was mistakenly pulled off a JetBlue flight before it left Fort Lauderdale because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list.

An airline employee boarded the Newark, N.J.-bound flight before it departed Tuesday evening, telling the family their toddler was on the federal list that includes thousands of known or suspected terrorists.

JetBlue on Thursday blamed the problem on a computer glitch, saying employees were following proper protocol. The U.S. Transportation Security Administration says the girl never was flagged by the agency.

The child's parents told ABC affiliate WPBF they believe they were targeted because they are of Middle Eastern descent and the mother wears a hijab.

The family was cleared to re-board. But they declined, saying they were too embarrassed.

You mean to tell me that accepting the premise that an 18 month old could plausibly belong on a no-fly list is considered "proper protocol"??

via

Bureaucracy is the best.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.