News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019/08/30-09/01 - Dicks Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO

Started by emay, January 09, 2019, 03:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: birdman on August 19, 2019, 09:08:05 PM
If any of you fuckers bring plague to the east coast I will burn your body myself.
Otherwise plague on. :wtu:

^^^FUCKIN' THIS
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 19, 2019, 10:34:06 PM
If any of you fuckers bring plague to the east coast I will burn your body myself.

^^^FUCKIN' THIS

Down With Disease!!!!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 20, 2019, 06:06:49 AM
Quote from: sunrisevt on August 19, 2019, 10:34:06 PM

^^^FUCKIN' THIS

Down With Disease!!!!

Yeah, but have y'all seen a Phish show..... ON PLAUGE?!
Bring in the dude!

emay

WhatstheUse?

So.... no shakedown, extra police, and bubonic plague. Tight.  :police:
Bring in the dude!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: mehead on August 19, 2019, 08:37:13 PM
Word is AXS has confirmed camping is a no-go.

My buddy works for AXS in the returns department and confirmed for me last night camping is infact canceled
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

emay

Official Announcement:

As you may have heard, there have been ongoing cases of plague in prairie dog colonies in the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge this summer. Fortunately, the Tri-County Health Department has advised that Dick's Sporting Goods Park (DSGP) is safe to host Phish's concerts over Labor Day weekend. While there have been no confirmed cases of plague on site at DSPG, as an extra measure of caution, the Health Department has restricted parking at the venue to asphalt lots — concertgoers will not be allowed to park on unpaved lots or grass.

As a result, we are sorry to say that there will be no overnight camping allowed for this year's shows. All camping tickets and RV tickets (and associated service charges) will be automatically refunded within the next few days. We recognize the tremendous inconvenience this may cause for those who had planned on camping. Our friends at CID have created a special portal with listings of nearby hotels including some with discounted weekend rates for Phish fans.

While DSGP has significant asphalt parking on site, off-site parking will need to be utilized to accommodate all concertgoers. We will be providing free off-site parking and free shuttles at nearby locations, and we will be notifying ticket holders of parking and shuttle details once they are finalized over the next week.

Also, please note that due to these restrictions, vending will not be permitted on site as the area traditionally set aside for vending is no longer usable.

Thanks very much for your cooperation — our goal is to make sure these concerts go off as smoothly as possible while preserving the safety of all attendees.

Thrillhouse

Lot has been moved to my backyard yall.

Seriously though, with no Lot happening, I think were going to BBQ and hang at my house preshow, about 20 minutes west of Dicks. Let me know if you'd like to join.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mbw

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mbw on August 20, 2019, 01:23:38 PM
plague?  like the bubonic plague??  wtflol.

I might be wrong, but during my dozen years in Colorado, this was a fairly common occurrence with the PD population.
Not once as working as a RN in that state did I ever see a case of it in a human. Nor heard of one in a human
This isn't to say don't take precautions, that all seems reasonable so far as listed above, but this scenario of PLAGUE amongst the fauna isn't new.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VDB

I assume we won't be able to lounge on the grassy knolls, either. Damn it all.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: VDB on August 21, 2019, 08:28:35 AM
I assume we won't be able to lounge on the grassy knolls, either. Damn it all.

I think so, def going to be an interesting cluster Fck. Going to take forever getting out if they wont let people walk on the dirt areas and restricted to concrete walkways. Theres pretty much like only one street on that west side to go out, most people would disperse into the dirt lots right out the gate.

Gundo

Yeah this is definitely going to be interesting. I have no idea where people are going to park. Everything surrounding the plague infested parking lots is residential streets from what I remember. I have hope that the lush green soccer fields and grassy knolls will be hard to police given they look harmless.

WhatstheUse?

yeah...I see no way that this isn't going to be a clusterfuck
Bring in the dude!