News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/29 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 29, 2010, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatfargone

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 06, 2010, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: thatfargone on November 06, 2010, 03:51:56 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 06, 2010, 03:41:32 PM
Looking back, I'd say this is one of the weaker fall shows.

But not as weak as Providence.

lol, you love to hate on that one  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Probably true.  Providence was def my biggest disappointment of the tour coming from Utica...
I feel similarly let down with this one too coming from Manchester.  Both feel like steps back, with Utica being a much bigger one.  I was REALLY let down by Prov. This one I guess I was ready for it to be weak. :-)

And the atmosphere WAS better on the 29th, but compared to the 30th and 31st, it too was weak.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

danje

I thought the Corrina was really something. Felt like the whole place got dead silent for Page/Trey's solo. Hadn't heard a crowd so zoned in since the Jones Beach 09 Hood!

The Slave really did it for me as well.

PYITE was pretty awful though.

Poster Nutbag

The Caspian is just horrible!! Horrible placement and even more horribly played, and hate the way Trey horse forced the Carini!! But there is still a lotta win in this show... The Corrina is just beautiful...

Had an awesome vibe going for myself at this show!! Really enjoyed this show...

Not even the slightest mention of this 46 Days to close out the first set... Trey is bursting with peakage in this version!! very solid version minus any kind of type II jamming...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

McGrupp

I should note a funny thing that happened during this show...

WTU and I were chilling during Sand, and at one point during the "jam" (whatever you want to call it  :roll:), Trey plays this descending lick that vaguely (and I do mean very vaaaaaguely) sounded like the ending section of the Camden 09 Sand. It was barely there, I was sure nobody noticed it - obviously, only the nerdiest of phish fans would notice such a thing.

But I look over at WTU, and he looks at me, and we both yell "CAMDEN SAND!" to each other and high five and then laugh hysterically.

I'm pretty sure we got some strange looks.

It was a hilariously geeky and gumbo-esque moment (no hate, gumbo  :wink:), but we both thought it was hilarious.

If you listen back to this version, you may hear what I'm talking about...but you'd have to listen very closely...

:wtu:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

danje

Check out the tweezer from Philly last year (11/25 I think). Major Camden sand jam in there.

McGrupp

lol, I just listened back to the part I was talking about.

:wtu: and I must have been listening REALLY hard to catch that.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

McGrupp

gainesvillegreen

I have to admit, the question and answer portion of this Fluffhead between Page and Trey is pretty sweet. Page blows him out of the water. But Trey makes up for it at the end.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.