News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/31 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, May 31, 2011, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

It's already warm in here.    On paper I would have enjoyed the first set, 2nd set seems like an afterthought.   
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mbw

fauxpaxfauxreal

zackonthetrain

This show was rocking. and really awesome ..give the whole first set a listen
my highlights were after midnite and maze in the 2nd set

song placement was great. roggae was a great song for a hot temp day that cooled down quick around the 1st set.

had a good time at this show...be sure to not stop at any rest stops within 30 minutes, NJ state PO were aholes for Shoo
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

mistercharlie

Didn't LST last night, so I will be giving this show the commute listen today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mattstick

What's with the guy who really wants to hear Gotta Jibboo to open set II?

RabeldyNugs

I think set I had many botched sections with DS obvisouly and also, Punch + Moma was not in the write key for some part of it.  Sand also was just mainly a Trey shredfest if I remember correctly.Tube fun, Roggae always welcome for me and it's been a while since I've seen it.  I remeber seeing that song all time time from 98-00. If life were easy I guess...
Set 2 had a surprise After Midnight and with a fun jam section to it but felt like it hit the 10 min mark and boom, aborted, possum 1st repeat of tour, drowned fun placment (as with r+r in the 1st) and the jam had many layered sections to it and was def more fun than not and Maze never lets up and it always a good maze, Dirt was cool for 1 of the only 2 slow downs at that point with Roggae being the other, but the crowd needed to move again ansd Alaska was not the call for deep in the 2nd set. Just nothing there and YEM to close, about 100 peeps called and we got it and it rocked. d+b part rocked and there you got it.
A lot of covers with r+r, drowned, after midnight, fire but we'll see how it gets with the rain tonight...
Don't get me wrong, not a hater at all, just listening to the music.  Good vibes, semi-young crowd but that could be just me being older...but plenty of families up in the lawn with plenty of space, plenty of extras everywhere.
Just like the 1st 3 shows b4 this, it's a step in the right place or so I want to believe, and Phish is always fun @ the show, but this is 2011 and enough of this straight up rock and mix it up more I think...at least with a sloppy 2.0 they tried to Jam EVERYTHING and that was fun and experimental with a lot of fuck-ups, alot, but anyways, I shouldn't have gone there.  Good music, happy they are back and I will always love them.

Tonight, Reba opener and we'll get a Ghost in there...
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

thatfargone

Two full years and Trey fucks up Divided Sky REAL bad...and no one mentions it???  And just like a nostalgia act he says he meant it then holds the mic to the crowd to sing his part...UGH!  :shakehead:   Sure they seem to be "jamming" more too bad they dont practice enough for them to actually do it well.  Only thing out of this show of note was Drowned and Maze...otherwise this band is no better than last year.

Phish back? My ass!!!
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: thatfargone on June 01, 2011, 10:13:55 AM
Two full years and Trey fucks up Divided Sky REAL bad...and no one mentions it???

I think that's because other than those in attendance, no one was particularly motivated to d/l and listen this morning.

Meanwhile, Mr. Miner's Superlative Tour rolls on

Quote from: Mr. Miner
In a quintessential opening night of a two night stand, Phish anchored Tuesday's show at PNC with a dark and exploratory second set. Jumping right back into audacious risk-taking after a conservative final night of Bethel, the band thrilled the New Jersey crowd with a top-to-bottom effort that continued the rampage of Phish 2011.
:rawk:

A six-song second set...

Seven, but who's counting

Nary a fan went hope unhappy after the first night of PNC, a show that confirmed Phish's intent to push new musical boundaries all summer long.

thatfargone begs to disagree
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

thatfargone

Mr Minor is the queen of fluffers...who the hell could ever take him seriously?
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mehead

Two full years and Trey fucks up Divided Sky REAL bad...and no one mentions it???

Phish back? My ass!!!

giving this my first listen now - wtf Trey?  Not sure i want to listen to the rest of the song, I'm scared!

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

RabeldyNugs

Two full years and Trey fucks up Divided Sky REAL bad...and no one mentions it???  And just like a nostalgia act he says he meant it then holds the mic to the crowd to sing his part...UGH!  :shakehead:   Sure they seem to be "jamming" more too bad they dont practice enough for them to actually do it well.  Only thing out of this show of note was Drowned and Maze...otherwise this band is no better than last year.

Phish back? My ass!!!

I was way beyond cringing at that point that I just stopped moving and stood there just shocked...very bad, and as I mentioned in my perv post here, there were many other poor points in set I. Moma was way off key and Punch had it's tough points as well.  I sort of felt like I was still @ Hampton 09....I mean we're 2011 people, wow.
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

JPhishman

Quote from: thatfargone on June 01, 2011, 10:44:31 AM
Mr Minor is the queen of fluffers...who the hell could ever take him seriously?

I feel the best course of action is not to take anyone seriously, be it Minor, or any of the haters round these parts, and let my own ears decide.

I still need to know what  :wtu: thinks though.....

:phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie