News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Mullins Center - Amherst, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 23, 2010, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

The groove at the beginning of the jam section in Tweezer is really nice.

I love trey's harmonics, and fish is doing some really interesting stuff with the snare and hi-hats. Almost feels like a stutter-step GBOTT beat.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

and I'll say it again:  Halfway To The Moon is fucking COOL.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

I approve of this Tweezer. Def has some heat. I wouldn't call it a standout version, but it certainly doesn't hurt my ears.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Mr.Slinky

Really sick great start to the last three I did!! I think Manchester took the cake other than AC....
Two sticks causing fire, ready to be heavy when you're feather light and steady.  Bling bling when I sparkle cutting corners dropping angles, losing rhythm coils in a tangle no need to be a pretzel smooth as a lizard Ill be slinkin' with a slither.

G. Augusto

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

phishtube

Ya know.... I really miss hearing  :phish: really dig into and out of jams these days. On this night they really delivered....most noteably the DWD jam. I know, I know,..you say they always jam the Disease but not quite.  They really are locked in for this tune. It really brings a smile to my face to hear them really dig down into this jam and fucking claw their way out of the deep with little to no hesitation.  :music:

There many other points of this night which make me smile.... whether it be the "Curtain" teases from Mike/Fish at the end of Disease, the segue from Caspian -> Halfway to the Moon, or Trey's use of the loop from the end of Boogie On and BLEEDING it into the Maze intro...   Good stuff.  :beerbang:
-pay attention, focus, and stay in the moment-

emay

Just listened to this show in the library today!
the yem is fiya! I love the jam in this one. I agree I feel like they used disease in prov to hype the crowd up then came out Umass1 second set saying alright now its time to venture into the nitty gritty for this disease.
This show was a lot of fun, def liked it better than the second night. First set delivers too. Manchester and Utica def blow prov > Umass outta the water.

redrum

halfway to the moon is fucking dope.
if they ever stretch it out could get crazy.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

thatfargone

Quote from: redrum on November 18, 2010, 01:24:16 AM

I too am a fan of this song.  Keep hope!  Some of us have to think they may jam again. :wink:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

kellerb

3/4's of the way to the moon?

phishtube

Q4T

Love it when Mike turns on the lovetone and Trey, without hesitation, responds with one of those signature nasty licks.  8-)  Within the last 10 or so seconds of this vid...you'll know what I'm talking about.

-pay attention, focus, and stay in the moment-