News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on November 04, 2010, 12:58:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 04, 2010, 08:28:16 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on November 04, 2010, 04:33:00 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM
That's a fairly common move.

In Star Trek IV, you didn't see people walking up to Spock in San Francisco and shouting "Live Long And Prosper!"

well, i see what you're getting at, but that analogy doesn't hold.

It was a joke.

ah. i see that now. it's just that i take spock very seriously. spock and his brain.

Guess I should have gone with the Shatner/TJ Hooker joke.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 04, 2010, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on November 04, 2010, 12:58:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 04, 2010, 08:28:16 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on November 04, 2010, 04:33:00 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM
That's a fairly common move.

In Star Trek IV, you didn't see people walking up to Spock in San Francisco and shouting "Live Long And Prosper!"

well, i see what you're getting at, but that analogy doesn't hold.

It was a joke.

ah. i see that now. it's just that i take spock very seriously. spock and his brain.

Guess I should have gone with the Shatner/TJ Hooker joke.

oh man. imagine for a moment if instead of this random cop guy being the hero of the show, it was TJ Hooker.
that would be the best show in the history of television.

mehead

finally got around to watching it yesterday - great stuff!!

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Quote from: mehead on November 05, 2010, 10:59:55 AM
finally got around to watching it yesterday - great stuff!!

Same here. I really like it - the end of the first episode was intense!

Anyone know if episode 2 has been leaked?  8-)
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

The show is really delivering. I have been fully enjoying it.

Quote from: cactusfan on November 03, 2010, 04:04:37 AM
i find it amusing that this show takes place in a world exactly like our own, except for one key difference: in this world, no one has ever seen a zombie movie. they've never even heard of zombies!

anyway. just sayin'.

This kinda bothered me also. The fact that different groups of people, fully apart from each other, call them 'Walkers' is odd.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

I may give this a spin, I've been hearing great things, not only from this board.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 10, 2010, 08:46:35 AM

i find it amusing that this show takes place in a world exactly like our own, except for one key difference: in this world, no one has ever seen a zombie movie. they've never even heard of zombies!

anyway. just sayin'.

This kinda bothered me also. The fact that different groups of people, fully apart from each other, call them 'Walkers' is odd.

I think the term 'walker' as used in the show might come from some official designation (CDC maybe?). It seems to me that before society totally collapsed there was some effort to isolate the walkers from the healthy population (hence there being tanks and barriers all over ATL) so that might be where the common use of the term came from.

I'd also like to add that I'm glad that skinhead was left handcuffed to the roof. Rick should have shot him, imo.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Igbo

Quote from: phil on November 10, 2010, 10:58:36 AM

anyway. just sayin'.

I think the term 'walker' as used in the show might come from some official designation (CDC maybe?). It seems to me that before society totally collapsed there was some effort to isolate the walkers from the healthy population (hence there being tanks and barriers all over ATL) so that might be where the common use of the term came from.

I'd also like to add that I'm glad that skinhead was left handcuffed to the roof. Rick should have shot him, imo.

I agree the dude should have shot the skinhead. But then i thought, the guy who played the skinhead was the only recognizable actor i've seen on the show. So why kill him off in one episode. And why did they make a point of showing the black dude dropping the tool bag just in arms reach of the dude?

My thought is we will see that racist fucker again, i dont know how but just a hunch

phil

this may be a spoiler if you didn't watch the 'scenes from next week' portion, but apparently the skinhead's brother makes an appearance in the next episode (understandably pissed that his brother has been left to die)

I didn't recognize the actor though, so I wouldn't have minded if he had been blasted. I always enjoy seeing terrible people get what they've got coming to them.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

Quote from: Igbo on November 10, 2010, 11:07:16 AM

anyway. just sayin'.

I agree the dude should have shot the skinhead. But then i thought, the guy who played the skinhead was the only recognizable actor i've seen on the show. So why kill him off in one episode. And why did they make a point of showing the black dude dropping the tool bag just in arms reach of the dude?

My thought is we will see that racist fucker again, i dont know how but just a hunch

you guys must not have watched the scenes for the upcoming episode after that one....

those two different groups are actually the same group as well, just splintered.

this show r00lz.

McGrupp

::is about to watch the 2nd episode::
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Igbo

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 10, 2010, 11:11:40 AM

anyway. just sayin'.

you guys must not have watched the scenes for the upcoming episode after that one....

those two different groups are actually the same group as well, just splintered.

this show r00lz.

No  my DVR stopped taping right before next weeks scenes

cactusfan

anyway. just sayin'.

why did they show the tool bag being dropped?
you've just answered your own question.
he will of course be back.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 10, 2010, 11:11:40 AM

anyway. just sayin'.

this show r00lz.

When I referred to different groups, I meant the people in the city, and the father and son the Rick first met.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Did anyone else find it slightly annoying that the guy gets shot, wakes up, realizes that he's not just waking up from a nap but waking up from a coma, finds his hospital in ruins, realizes that the power and phones are dead, finds hundreds of dead bodies on his way out, and encounters zombies - yet when he makes contact with other humans, he never asks how long this has been going on?  I'm not saying it's a huge deal or anything, but it bugs me a little.  You'd think that after wrapping your head around the current situation, you'd then want to find out how long you were in a coma for, right?  Just curious if this bugged anyone else. 

Anyhow, very cool show.  I'll definitely be on board for the rest of the season. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.