News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right Now Im Watching

Started by ucusty, November 06, 2006, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

kellerb

khalpin

Quote from: justjezmund on September 04, 2014, 03:01:56 PM
Holy shit, apparently amazon signed a deal with HBO so they can put a bunch of content on prime video.  Might as well call off the next few days.
We started re-watching The Sopranos.  I haven't seen any of the episodes since the show originally aired.  It's been a blast going through it again.

Mr. Natural

VIETNAM in HD

Their reporting of the Gult of Tonkin incident tipped me off that this would be kinda [pro-'Murica] bullshit, but there's a ton of archival footage and the computer graphics help make sense out of a lot of dense jungle confusion.
There are a ton of celebrity voiceovers, which can be distracting once you recognize them, but they fade in and out with the voices of the real people they are portraying.
Either way, that whole "war" was a clusterfuck and I'm always ready to try wrapping my head around the particulars.

REGGAE IN A BABYLON (1978)

Another win from Hulu's music docs. This one documents the British reggae scene of the late '70s.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mistercharlie

We're really late to  the party here, but Dagny and I started watching Hell On Wheels yesterday. We're four episodes deep and I'm really enjoying it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Just finished up the new season of Transparent.  Anyone else watching this? 

My only complaint is that 5 hours is way too short.  It's such a great show, but having only one or two nights of viewing per year drives me nuts!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

all you star wars geeks gotta check out the new space action drama on SYFY-- The Expanse.
just started but theyve released the first 4 eps on demand and the web already.
Syfy really went high budget on this one and it is pretty epic. im seriously hooked already.

PIE-GUY

I just finished the first season of the Man in the High Castle. Holy shit was it good. I mean, up there with the best seasons of television ever. Not kidding. Highly recommended. P. K. Dick was a fucking genius, though, so, I'm not surprised I loved it. Can't wait for season 2.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 20, 2015, 01:19:29 AM
all you star wars geeks gotta check out the new space action drama on SYFY-- The Expanse.
just started but theyve released the first 4 eps on demand and the web already.
Syfy really went high budget on this one and it is pretty epic. im seriously hooked already.

Watched that whole thing last weekend with my wife.
Good shit.

VA $l!m

anyone seen  the show called "Broad City" on Comedy Central?
basically a show about 2 weird stoner chicks in Brooklyn.
just watched it for the first time and just happend the entire show was litered with Phish references, lol.

i guess one of the girls is a phish head and anyway it was pretty funny.
Both antelope and Cavern were quoted and there was this whole bit about Rift being the best studio album. pretty awesome.

runawayjimbo

Anyone watching the OJ thing on FX? It's ok, but I can't seem to stop myself from watching it. The nostalgia factor alone is through the roof.

This story reminded me of it

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/us/oj-simpson-property-knife/index.html
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 04, 2016, 02:11:40 PM
Anyone watching the OJ thing on FX? It's ok, but I can't seem to stop myself from watching it. The nostalgia factor alone is through the roof.

I'm about three deep.  Just started it the other night. 

I feel the same way you do, it's not fantastic but I can't quit.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: ytowndan on March 04, 2016, 04:58:31 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 04, 2016, 02:11:40 PM

I'm about three deep.  Just started it the other night. 

I feel the same way you do, it's not fantastic but I can't quit.

The Bronco chase was great. Then it got dull for a while and I almost tapped out. Also, the ridiculous shoehorning of the Kardashians was driving me nuts. But this week's episode the trial started and it sucked me back in.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

anthrax

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on March 04, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
Narcos Season 1

Freakin' awesome!!!

I had been watching the Leftovers but finished it this week. The 2 seasons were pretty different, it kept me interested. I'm excited to see what the 3rd season will bring.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.