News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/28 - Chaifetz Arena - St. Louis, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, August 29, 2012, 12:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roggae

Show 5-0 in my hometown did not disappoint. Yet, got your print and saw Dylan from CPB and Sean from bockmans euphio. My brother even showed up during Jim! Raged that face and couldn't have had a better time.
Clearly it's all awful.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 29, 2012, 12:20:35 PM
Quote from: aphineday on August 29, 2012, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 29, 2012, 10:51:57 AM
It's cool that they played a jam in the song.

This pretty much nails my feelings on this.
The fact that it was jammed was cool for sure.
The jam was lame as fucking lame though and went nowhere, so that part was not cool.
Back to Chitcago '94 for me...

I wouldn't judge it quite so harshly.
I was being cautious with my praise as I'd listened once and gotten distracted during it.

I've listened to it a couple times now (because it's hard to listen uninterrupted around here today) and I like the jam. It's a-typical to the song and it flows well enough into the reprise... but it really is most significant for the fact that they played it at all.

That's a good thing.

Fair is fair. I listened while in the shower, so I'll re-listen a few times. Although a-typical to the song, once the jam started it just seemed safe and... Well 3.0. I was probably expecting far too much (I should have learned).

DEFINITELY cool that it happened though.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Hicks

I'll still take 12-3-99 for the best Limb ever.

99 ambient jamz ftw.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

roggae

LxL jam goes to 11 on tape just as it did at the show. Saying its best ever is like saying sandwich is hat.
Clearly it's all awful.

Gumbo72203

oh man oh man!!!!  here we go!!!!  just hit the 7:00 mark in the Limb.... and Fish's ride cymbal says "TAKE THE FUCK OFF TREY!!!"

OH YEAHH!!!  Yeah yeah yeah yeah....  the shift.  The groove shift happened.  Thats enough for me to get excited.  Right now, it sounds like a '99 or '00 Piper before Trey discovered he likes his keyboard.  And THAT, is fucking. 

omg i love this.  Yeah Trey!!!!  hammerons and pullsoffs!  Go Mike!!!!  Page on the Rhodes electric thingy!  Trey trilling!!!

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

In other non-news, Gumbo discovered once again today how to achieve orgasm via Phish Soundboards from the year 2012.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

well.  the ending of the jam, I meant.  That.  Holy crap.  Balls.  Exploded. 

Wow, Phish.  Nice.  Way to remember how be yourself :P 

aphineday

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 29, 2012, 04:40:12 PM
well.  the ending of the jam, I meant.  That.  Holy crap.  Balls.  Exploded. 

Wow, Phish.  Nice.  Way to remember how be yourself :P 
I needed a good laugh, thanks dude.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gumbo72203

OMG THIS CHALKDUST?!?!?!?!?!

So, why is nobody talking about this.  WHY????  Thats because you guys have no idea.  Because you didn't listen to it.  Listen to it.  You'll see what the fuck I'm talking about.  (seriously... what is up with the ending....)

OMG!!!!  ---->>>> FRANKIE SAYS!!!!

Trey fails to mention that he does not intend on playing the ending with the rest of the band, and we get a PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT Phish moment of --> into Frankie Says.

Seriously, this is just as deserving.  Holy balls on a cow. 

Gumbo72203

okay.  Oh my god.  Frankie Says. 

Seriously guys, you're failing by not listening to this shit.  Chalkdust -> Frankie Says -> Undermind may be one of the most lysergic series of musics played by Phish.  Holy crap.  The jam into and out of Frankie Says.....  most liquid, sir.  Holy jesus, you're spilling. 

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Gumbo is the boy who cried "OMG!"

I just don't know when to be hyped anymore. Guess I'll have to listen for myself and form my own opinion  :|
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

No you're doing it wrong.  Listen to me.

Seriously, this set is fucking ace.  Chalkdust is fucking sick for the 2 minute chill-groove and the AAAACEEEEE --> into Frankie Says.  The ending of Frankie gets SOOO heavy.  Undermind is good, a little stilted, but this Sand!!!!!  WOW!!!!

The playing that is going on in this Sand is so unique and fresh.  Page, Mike, and Fish are so... good.  In it.