News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LOST?

Started by August, September 10, 2005, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

anyone else into this show?
my girlfriend bought the dvd the other day and watched about five episodes straight.
i said "no way" and sat on the computer with my headphones on.
so next day, while she was at work, i popped in disc one.

i am now twelve episodes deep.

anyone else?
agstn

VA $l!m

yeah, i ignored all the hype during the original run of the season, but totally got hooked on the reruns this spring...i think its a very well done show.  hope this year is just as good...season premeire is WED.??--or maybe week after next.
also i 'm addicted to the 'new' battlestar galactica , its actually really good i think, but helps if you saw all the story from the 1st episode , sorta confusing if you didnt.

BTW, Aug.--have you been watching your wife host 'rockstarINXS'...she does a great job at looking fine while talking.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

August

yeah. i do this little thing with her that we call...
"where is the cue card".
aaahhhh.... the kids go nutz for that game!

i didnt see one episode of lost when it aired, originally, but now am waaay deep in it.
same goes for arrested development.
anyone else down with AD?

i saw the first season on dvd, but cant hit up the third until the second comes out
on oct. 11.which is after the premiere of seas III.muthafuckbaggs!!!!

i could get seas II online, but that would be cheating!
ag.

we got another long islander on our hands!

jedifunk

anyone watch any of the HBO shows?

i am enjoying their new one, Rome.  but really love The Wire!  also Six Feet Under (its over now, but it was excellent).  i'm actually not a fan of the Sopranos.

i also enjoyed this last season of Entourage.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

right on , i havent had HBO in years--like since OZ ended... but when i was in VA last winter, i watched the whole season of the  WIRE front to back 'on demand' or TIVO or whatever the fuck that stuff is called...
that show is the shit IMO, --crazy dope.

jedifunk

yeah, defintiely a sick show.  cant wait for the fall time so that the new season will start
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gumbo72203

i definitely dig Entourage.  i was a hater at first cuz a ton of my friends were into it, and followed it, but i actually sat and watched it and its pretty good.  i like how they make it a drama about the music business 'n stuff
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jephrey

Funny, I watch HBO almost exclusively (and even that's limited).  I do like Lost more than most other crap though too.  I've cought entourage and said "eh".  I've never seen The Wire.  I have seen many Sopranos and Sex and The City because my wife would always want me to watch with her.  I don't care for either of them though... 

My favorites...

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Things just aren't this funny anywhere else.
Deadwood - Al Swearengen is going to kick your ass
Six Feet Under - I watched a lot more in the beginning, generally just a great show.

I haven't seen Rome yet, and now have heard more good things.  I should check it out On Demand. 

But yeah, as far as the networks go, Lost is cool.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

Lost rules.
I've been on board since the beginning and just got the dvds to prep for the premier (which is on 9/21, btw)
This show has the most elaborate construction I've encountered in memory. Lots of good shows have complex characters and storylines but this one has the mystery coupled with the recursivness. It makes my brain tingle.

I can't wait. I've had the finale on the dvr since it first aired and watched it several times this summer (just deleted it when i unwrapped the dvd- an early b-day present.)

August

i am off tomorrow and plan on watching the last seven episodes.
it really is one of the most intricate-woven shows.
ever.
aug.

mattstick

Does anyone have any theories about the show?

I've been toying with the idea that they're in purgatory, between heaven and hell - let that idea roll around in your head for a while and get back to me.  :)

ucusty

what a good show...  what the hell is in the effin hatch???

VA $l!m

i just want to see what the junkie guy does with the madonnas. :mrgreen: :-o

rowjimmy

I don't buy the purgatory, heaven/hell thing.
There is something powerful at work though

Have you heard the nanite theories?

basically it's about those black clouds that you se late in the season consisting of nanobots, small self sustaining, self replicating robots.
Why they are there and what their presence means, I dunno.

August

i am john locke.
john locke