News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bumping old torrents on etree??

Started by ytowndan, February 13, 2009, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

How is this done?  There is a user on bt.etree that is upping old torrents on the tracker.  You can tell from the number of completes on each one.  There is no way that 1300 people grabbed the old halloween '94 dankseed hours after he uploaded it.  He's done it with numerous Phish seeds over the last week or so. 

Is there a feature that has always been there, and I've just been oblivious to it over the years?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

I noticed it too.. but I'm almost positive I've seen that phenomenon over there (for quite some time)
and I think I read an explanation of it before but I can't really recall.

jephrey

A while ago, there was a **RESEED** feature where when you jumped on a dead torrent it would go back to the top of the list.  Although it was a cool feature, I think there was a problem when the seeder wouldn't verify their set and not be able to complete an upload.  At the same time, a new seed is just as easy to create. 

It's also possible that this guy is using the old torrent tied to the new page.  I'm just speculating, but in my mind that's a possibility.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mistercharlie

Quote from: jephrey on February 13, 2009, 10:18:34 PM
It's also possible that this guy is using the old torrent tied to the new page.  I'm just speculating, but in my mind that's a possibility.

That's the same thing I thought. He seeds 3-5 at time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.