News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AUGUST'S ANNIVERSARY *Thank You!*

Started by August, June 13, 2007, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Seems to me like '94 gets plenty of props, maybe not here but def. in the Phish community at large. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

94 rules your face

sorry,RJ. I know its your line. But it seemed apropriate here.

Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

no argument from me

Quote from: August on November 18, 2007, 11:21:17 AM
12 years ago, The Brickhouse YEM was created.
Funky and killer.

YEM
11-18-1995 N. Charleston, SC (30:39)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0chd4b

Enjoy.
a

methinks better than Albany?
(ducks)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on November 21, 2007, 12:49:08 AM
94 rules your face

sorry,RJ. I know its your line. But it seemed apropriate here.

s'all right.
As long as you don't apply it to post-95, I can probably agree with you.

August

I think today I will mix it up with a lowly circulated interview from 16 years ago.
The first half is conducted at a local Diner and the second part is backstage at the Somerville Theater.
Trey speaks about the phish.net, Picture of Nectar, writing songs for Rift, signing with Elektra and how Mango Song is about a junkie (he said, back then, that it was not about him).
Pretty interesting listen.

Interview
11-21-1991 Somerville, MA (40:59)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c001as

Enjoy.
a

sls.stormyrider

Is this the one when he talked about FEFY, and how another personal, really depressing song was coming up on the next album?
good interview.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

August

Quote from: slslbs on November 21, 2007, 10:26:08 AM
Is this the one when he talked about FEFY, and how another personal, really depressing song was coming up on the next album?
good interview.

Hmm...
Not this one and I'm not sure that I have that interview.
a

sls.stormyrider

well, then I'll have to d/l this one. I'll see if I have the other one. I'm pretty sure it was done around the time of one of the sommerville shows, but then they played there a lot.

bluecaravan521

Oh I've heard this one, good stuffs...too bad none of that interactive stuff he was talking about never materialized, woulda been cool.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

susep

good interview.

That one was a phone interview w/ Trey from 16Feb.93 where he talks about FEFY and how it was essentially a reflection of Tom Marshall and the bands relationships struggles with their ladies while touring, etc...

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: susep73 on November 21, 2007, 11:38:43 AM
good interview.

That one was a phone interview w/ Trey from 16Feb.93 where he talks about FEFY and how it was essentially a reflection of Tom Marshall and the bands relationships struggles with their ladies while touring, etc...
yea, that makes more sense based upon the date, given that the depressing song (?dog faced boy) was going to be on Hoist

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: slslbs on November 21, 2007, 06:12:56 AM
no argument from me

Quote from: August on November 18, 2007, 11:21:17 AM
12 years ago, The Brickhouse YEM was created.
Funky and killer.

YEM
11-18-1995 N. Charleston, SC (30:39)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0chd4b

Enjoy.
a

methinks better than Albany?
(ducks)

Don't duck! I 100% back you up on that
Albany is a bit overrated IMO
this brickhouse YEM is just superb on so many levels
but, I love Fall 95 so i am a bit biased  :roll:

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

August

Stuff your face with this classic sequence from 13 years ago.
The Jam out of Funky Bitch is Fall '94 at it's finest, covering all the bases on it's long journey.

Funky Bitch > Jam > Yerushalayim
11-22-1994 Columbia, MO (30:49)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wlssmw

And as the Tryptophan helps aid your body into rigamortis, crank this meaty link from 12 years ago.
Some love this Free, some hate.
It's time for YOU to decide.

Rift > Free > Llama
11-22-1995 Landover, MD (38:41)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oi38zv

Happy Thanksgiving
-August

Declan

only gave these a quick listen before i had to leave, will listen more thoroughly and edit this post.
This bitch jam is what ive been waiting for.
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.