News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-22 The Gorge - George, WA

Started by PIE-GUY, July 23, 2018, 02:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Never miss a Sunday show!

2018-07-22 The Gorge - George, WA

Set I: Curtain (with), The Birds, Birds of a Feather, Waiting All Night, Stealing Time from a Faulty Plan, Reba, Wombat, Tela, Walls of the Cave

Set II: Crosseyed and Painless>Twist*>Waves>Miss You, Fluffhead, Split Open and Melt*

Encore: Wilson

* With "Stairway" teases
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

that was excellent.  can't wait to re listen to that melt.

Caravan2001

Killer show!  Had some amazing parts.  There is some part of Fluffhead that is super sick. Just played the crosseyed twist.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Four shows of mixed results (ymmv) and now we've made it.
Excellent Phish concert.

PIE-GUY

That was a great phish show. No doubt. No low points at all, imo. They were listening. Each member had passages in the second set jams that I'd put amongst their most creative... and a lot of that has to do with Trey sitting back and letting them shine.

Cannot wait to relisten. This one may be on reapeat today.

rowjimmy

Jumped in with set two and the C&P > Twist > Waves > Miss You is a terrific piece of work.

sunrisevt

It is so satisfying to have contributed to our lexicon through my stupidity.

:beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cactusfan

Only a couple of minutes into C&P--and noting that this must be the slowest version they've ever played.
Not that that's a bad thing...so far it sounds great...

mistercharlie

I listened to this show at work and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will have to revisit the second set once I can do some critical listening to fully appreciate it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Love the jams out of Crosseyed and Twist.  Shades of BD.  Finally a half decent Melt.  The 3.5 minute dark ambient jam is superb.  Paying homage to the 07/22/2003 juggernaut.  Yin/yang set 2. 

Caravan2001

Wombat is so spicy.  Best version ever?

Hicks

Great show, definitely the best show of the 3 overall, although I think Chalkdust and Golden Age were probably the two best jams of the weekend.

Had a solid paug crew with mr. and mrs. wtu, mr. and mrs. birdman and mr. and mrs. JP and mr. and mr. Hicks and of course it was awesome to see everyone. 

Also, got me my first Tela, aw yeah. 

Had a great time, went pretty big with emay on Saturday night so I was pretty spent by the end of this show. Still enjoyed it top to bottom with so many old school heavy hitters like Curtain With, Reba, Fluffhead, SOAM, they were all played well and definitely one of the better Splits of 3.0. Only regret was not getting another beer during Miss You. 

Apparently we camped next to one of the guys from Nice Nice who are fairly well known Portland band that put out an album on Warp a few years ago. Ironically only found that out after we left though.

Except for the appearance of the song who shall remain nameless, all in all it was a pretty perfect weekend.

Hopefully we can all do it again soon.  :beers:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on July 23, 2018, 10:28:10 PM
Great show, definitely the best show of the 3 overall, although I think Chalkdust and Golden Age were probably the two best jams of the weekend.

Had a solid paug crew with mr. and mrs. wtu, mr. and mrs. birdman and mr. and mrs. JP and mr. and mr. Hicks and of course it was awesome to see everyone. 

Also, got me my first Tela, aw yeah. 

Had a great time, went pretty big with emay on Saturday night so I was pretty spent by the end of this show. Still enjoyed it top to bottom with so many old school heavy hitters like Curtain With, Reba, Fluffhead, SOAM, they were all played well and definitely one of the better Splits of 3.0. Only regret was not getting another beer during Miss You. 

Apparently we camped next to one of the guys from Nice Nice who are fairly well known Portland band that put out an album on Warp a few years ago. Ironically only found that out after we left though.

Except for the appearance of the song who shall remain nameless, all in all it was a pretty perfect weekend.

Hopefully we can all do it again soon.  :beers:

That was everything I want in a Hicks review! Jealous of the West/East paug crossover event. That's a helluva a crew.