News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

some really great SWB2 news today. they revamped the loot crate and progression system that was pretty much the only complaints from the beta.
crates for cash still exist but are nowhere near the p2w they originally were, and progression is no longer directly tied to crates, moreso playtime as it should have been all along.

im real excited now. i can definitely deal with this system , which in trade gives us all future content for free unlike previous games where you ended up having to pay for the game twice.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 30, 2017, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: emay on October 30, 2017, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 30, 2017, 02:13:09 PM
Launch trailer

waiting til next month's paycheck and then I am FINALLY pre ordering a PS4 - Battlerfront 2 edition. Going to trade in my PS3 and games when it gets here and get a couple more PS4 games.
PS4 cant play PS3/PS2 games, right? Just have to go in and download the old games?
ps4 can only play ps4 discs.
though, there are alot of ps2 and ps3 titles remastered and available digitally.

not exactly sure what your asking about going in and downloading old games..if you mean re-buying them or . if you mean downloading ps3 games you already had digitally.
AFAIK no last gen digital content you owned transfers over... though im not 100% on that. TBH though i cant even remember downloading digitally on a ps3 so IDK,

Yeah I was hoping for some sort of transfer over - I got FF7 & fifa download version from PSN on my PS3 it was like 5.99 or something last year. I wonder if I can bring those over in my PSN acct or if I have to re buy it. Not a big deal but would be nice to not have to re buy the games.

VA $l!m

Quote from: emay on October 31, 2017, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 30, 2017, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: emay on October 30, 2017, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 30, 2017, 02:13:09 PM
Launch trailer

waiting til next month's paycheck and then I am FINALLY pre ordering a PS4 - Battlerfront 2 edition. Going to trade in my PS3 and games when it gets here and get a couple more PS4 games.
PS4 cant play PS3/PS2 games, right? Just have to go in and download the old games?
ps4 can only play ps4 discs.
though, there are alot of ps2 and ps3 titles remastered and available digitally.

not exactly sure what your asking about going in and downloading old games..if you mean re-buying them or . if you mean downloading ps3 games you already had digitally.
AFAIK no last gen digital content you owned transfers over... though im not 100% on that. TBH though i cant even remember downloading digitally on a ps3 so IDK,

Yeah I was hoping for some sort of transfer over - I got FF7 & fifa download version from PSN on my PS3 it was like 5.99 or something last year. I wonder if I can bring those over in my PSN acct or if I have to re buy it. Not a big deal but would be nice to not have to re buy the games.
pretty sure games dont transfer b/c they will always be a diff version of the game able to play on either gen. system. movies or anything else on an account prob do transfer however i would assume.
good news is there are always a ton of super cheap games to be had these days digitally.
having PS + alone will hook you up big time.
this month they gave away MEtal GEar Solid V , which is a 10/10 game from just 2 years ago.

VA $l!m

btw there was also a leak of the post launch hero./villians to be added. most of which had already been heavily rumored.
there are also game footage trailers up for the launch roster on the official site minus yoda and Ren who should be out this week.

as far as i can remember...

the launch roster:
luke, leah, lando, han, rey, yoda, chewy,
emporor, vadar, boba, kylo ren, bossk, maul, Iden verso (campaign's protaganist)

confirmed post launch: Fin, Phasma

leaked/all but confirmed post laiunch:
Grevous, Duko, Jango, director krenik
anakin, obi wan, padmea, jin erso

PS- srry about any spellings :)

VA $l!m

since im on a SWB2 roll today, heres one more clip i pulled from the beta

rowjimmy

Can't wait to get that game.

VA $l!m

so the yoda and kylo ren footage finally came out today, and now all the hero/villian trailers are up on the official site.
i was thinking someone on youtube would make a compilation, and so far this is the one i found, although these are all pulled from twitter i believe so not the full screen hi rez.

emay

sick! looks like I wont be having much free time once this game comes out  :evil:

VA $l!m

yeah EMay you'll have to hit me up once u get ur ps4. :mrgreen:

-Well, today the flood gates opened. The entire game is now out there on the youtubes for all to see and ....wow!
EA had all the content creators play the full game this week and publish stuff, plus i believe early access for ea origins is up today or very soon so there should be streams as well.

if you want to see footage of all the maps and game modes i recommmned checking out battlefront updaates or levelcapgaming., both put up a half dozen vids today, but real wuick heres a good montage from jackfrags, and then finally some Hero - Villian footage  posted by BFupdates.

gotta admit after seeing the full game im completely hyped.
I already got my early access copy preloaded, so only 5 more days! & i got my new tv to replace the one that got fried in the lightning strike  arriving today just in time, w00t!

VA $l!m

this was hilarious. i was adjusting settings on my new tv at the beginning of a match in bf1 &... wait for it

rowjimmy

You shot the horse out from under the guy?

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 09, 2017, 09:26:52 AM
You shot the horse out from under the guy?
heh, i had to go back and look at in slow mo to actually tell what happened, and it appears i got what they call a collateral hit. bascially the shot went through the horse and then the soldier. so 2 for 2 bullet, lol.
i literally had just put down my tv remote and picked up my controller/ aimed/fired in one instant. insane shot.
i took it as an omen that this tv was going to be good for gaming, lol.

ps, watched a good vid today that gets into explaining alot of the advanced tips for Star Fighter ASsault that you might not catch at first.
If your as excited as i am to play this mode i def. recommmend checking it out.

VA $l!m

ok, i gotta say i'm 100% for loot crates in a game if it means we get constant free content updates.
This falls in line with the whole industry buzz of  'games as service', but after seeing a few interviews i think DICe/Ea really wants to go over the top and lay the goodies on thick for this one.
so, basically this game is going to hook us up with  'free' content like no game before and it is really trying to be more of a living changing world than just a shooter.

reason i bring this up is today they posted the road map for the first month of LAst JEdi content and already we are getting a ton of unexpected stuff like bonus campaign content. w00t.

VA $l!m

been watching a bunch of hero v villian footage from the early access.
the gameplay is sooo good.
its great they added the ability for saber users  to block sabers and some powers  now, along with blaster bolts like luke and vader could in the last game.
Only maul cant block, only dodge, to balance out his high mobility.

gainesvillegreen

I am contemplating buying an X Box, as I've never had one before, and am hashing the pros and cons buying a S vs a X level of console, and I wanted to ask a couple of questions of those of you who have owned this console for awhile and maybe even have the X already in your home.

I own a 4K Samsung, but it is of the generation between where the 4K TV's hit the market, and HDR became all the rage (i.e. it doesn't have HDR). It's a lovely TV, but it is missing that spec.

I can either go all out and buy the X (but I am a bit concerned I won't be able to reap all the rewards of that console, visually, given the "limitations" of the TV), or I can buy the S (which while not being able to "do" native 4K, can act as my 4K Blu Ray player which is roughly 50% of the reason why I am buying this console) and trade in my PS4 to upgrade to a PS4 Pro. It will all shake out to about the same amount of money.

Has anyone been able to play both of these consoles and seen a major difference? Some info about my gaming habits:
1) I play 10-20 hours of games per week, max.
2) Main reason for getting Xbox from a gaming standpoint: The Forza Series. I may play around with games like Assassin's Creed and Battlefront, but I mostly stick to driving sims/story lines and sports games, above all, FIFA. And, of course, those types of games are already available on the PS platform.

I'm thinking the S route is probably the best way to go, since this is entry for me, but I am interested in hearing from any of you who have the X that the "look" of it is absolutely worth the cost at this time. Any input is appreciated.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.