News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/10/18 - Ascend Amphitheater Nashville, TN - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, October 18, 2016, 11:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

10-18-2016
Ascend Amphitheater
Nashville, TN

Soundcheck: Bass & Drums jam, Funky Bitch themed jam, Funky Bitch, Tide Turns, Petrichor, Walking Blues (with Bob Weir) - 97 mins
via @drewphish; footage

I: Chalk Dust Torture, Blaze On, Ghost, Lawn Boy, Halley's Comet, Sand, Tide Turns, 46 Days, Breath & Burning, Limb by Limb, Cavern, 2001

II: Julius, Fuego, My Friend, My Friend, SAMSON AND DELILAH*, Twist^, Miss You*, West L.A. Fadeaway*, Playing In the Band^

E: Quinn the Eskimo*

* with Bobby on guitar and vox
^ with Bobby

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

runawayjimbo

Mr C, I'll take an XL "LET BOBBY SING (MISS YOU)" shirt when you get a sec. Thanks.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Caravan2001

K+ Jimbo for the LST and this....

Holy Cow!  Listening and watching again now.  Jeeebus.  Big time show was big time.  :beerbang:

zimbra

Relix is reporting that Bobby was on stage for Quinn as well: http://www.relix.com/news/detail/bob_weir_joins_phish_in_nashville

QuoteMarking their longest single-show collaboration yet, Weir returned for the encore of "Quinn the Eskimo."
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

qop24

Yeah that was incredible. Not the "boring" Bobby sit-in that lots of people were expecting. Miss You was poignant - so incredibly glad that I pushed myself to go to these shows!!!!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

ph92

DAMN IT! I SHOULD HAVE GONE!

That's so awesome though! I cannot wait to hear it.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

qop24

Miss You was very touching, Bobby sung all the lyrics and I think it was clear who he "misses" - as weird as it may sound, that song was easily the highlight of the entire show for me. I may or may not have bought the poster for tonight after that, signed by all (5) members of tonight's band....

pcr3

Epic show. I'm still blown away by the fact that I was able to listen to the first set while I worked out, and then watched the second set while I drank beers with my neighbor.  :syf:  :phish:  :beers:

I, for one, really dug Bobby's ragged vocals in Miss You. Upon rewatch, Twist and Playin' were pretty fucking awesome. I texted jimbo when Bobby stayed on for Twist that a trainwreck was imminent. Not so. And I'm so glad I was wrong.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

qop24

Quote from: pcr3 on October 19, 2016, 01:00:58 AM
Epic show. I'm still blown away by the fact that I was able to listen to the first set while I worked out, and then watched the second set while I drank beers with my neighbor.  :syf:  :phish:  :beers:

I, for one, really dug Bobby's ragged vocals in Miss You. Upon rewatch, Twist and Playin' were pretty fucking awesome. I texted jimbo when Bobby stayed on for Twist that a trainwreck was imminent. Not so. And I'm so glad I was wrong.

Yeah that Twist jam kept pushing into new territory! Just when it would start to sound like it was going to derail and fade out, it seemed like everyone would come together to propel it a little further. So awesome to see them lift Bobby like that!

WhatstheUse?

Just diggin' into this Bobby portion now.

Samson and Delilah was cool. Couldn't really hear Bobby much on the video i watched. His tone is so thin! Just slinkin' behind everyone i guess.

Twist is sounding good as well! I'm excited.  :wtu: :phish: :syf:

eta. so they are kinda jamming this twist! Bobby, although, not doing muuuchh... it at the very least restricting them from falling into their normal "rock jam"

eta2. okay this is cool. they are jamming.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Listening to the LP flac right now.  Sounds sick.  Went straight to the Samson...Sounds so good.  Already re watched the periscope once too...The PITB is unreal.  Stoked for all that made it!  Show for the ages.

WhatstheUse?

Okay, well I guess I like 'Miss You' now. Fuck me, right?

Bobby singing those lyrics, with the emotion he did struck a chord with me that Trey did/could not.

heh.  :syf:
Bring in the dude!

Gundo

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

I really wish I would have stayed up for this.
Looks incredible, sick song choices.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.