News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-25 - Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX

Started by WhatstheUse?, October 26, 2016, 12:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Like Gumbo and I said, there's so many questions.

I'm primarily hung up on Fishman's political musical sharade. Trey has stated he wants to keep politics seperate from the music - Must've been tense on stage. Maybe it's just me, but his ride cymbal use on The Line > the slight 'tom-tom arrogance' he displayed on Tide Turns was a clear Bernie>Hillary reference. I could go on but the politics thread is >>>>>>

GAH knows what I'm talking about.
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2016, 07:41:04 PM

I'm primarily hung up on Fishman's political musical sharade. Trey has stated he wants to keep politics seperate from the music - Must've been tense on stage. Maybe it's just me, but his ride cymbal use on The Line > the slight 'tom-tom arrogance' he displayed on Tide Turns was a clear Bernie>Hillary reference. I could go on but the politics thread is >>>>>>

you just blew my mind. I'd like to schedule a sit down so we can discuss this further
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on October 26, 2016, 07:56:45 PM

you just blew my mind. I'd like to schedule a sit down so we can discuss this further

How's Friday at the MGM in Vegas work for you?

Personally, I'd suggest ingesting as much L as possible beforehand, to ensure cohesiveness in understanding.
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2016, 08:04:29 PM

Personally, I'd suggest ingesting as much L as possible beforehand, to ensure cohesiveness in understanding.

Please stream said conversation for our couch terr pleasure. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Caravan2001

I have seen way worse shows than this one.  I thought it was pretty well played, but I would have to listen back to it.  Great venue.  They only sold 3700 tickets out of 6000 so it was pretty teeny.  They let us have the whole handicap section so that ruled.  Regardless of what peeps say, we were dancing the whole show.  I wasn;t blown away at all, but didn't leave the show thinking it was bad either.  Just regular.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 26, 2016, 09:24:36 PM
I have seen way worse shows than this one.  I thought it was pretty well played, but I would have to listen back to it.  Great venue.  They only sold 3700 tickets out of 6000 so it was pretty teeny.  They let us have the whole handicap section so that ruled.  Regardless of what peeps say, we were dancing the whole show.  I wasn;t blown away at all, but didn't leave the show thinking it was bad either.  Just regular.

yeah I mean they played fine.  It's not like it was flub city.  It's just the CHOICES they made were so poor.  Literally 2 first sets.  Zero jamming. 

Does this mean Vegas will be ALL jamming, and ZERO songs?  Will Page have a new shirt?  And just what is it with Fishman ironically hitting his crash cymbal? 

Tune in to find out. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ph92

Quote from: ytowndan on October 26, 2016, 08:37:31 PM

I'd pay for this webcast.

But seriously :wtu: I'm dying here. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

gah

I'd pay for that stream.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Quote from: gah on October 28, 2016, 11:41:29 AM

I'd pay for that stream.

x2
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

birdman

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 28, 2016, 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: gah on October 28, 2016, 11:41:29 AM

I'd pay for that stream.
Send $28.99 to my PayPal and I will livestream everything.
x2
Paug FTMFW!