News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour Art- Official and Unofficial

Started by antelope19, April 20, 2009, 01:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ri©h

Quote from: birdman on April 20, 2009, 04:47:19 PM
Ca-Ching!

"hey wendell!
thanks for getting in touch
consider one of the phenway balls yours!
would you like the #1 ball?
all yours if you say so!"
:beers:

No way! Nice score!  :beers:

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rich on April 20, 2009, 05:57:13 PM
Ca-Ching!

"hey wendell!

No way! Nice score!  :beers:

yah, that's sweet!
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Ca-Ching!

"hey wendell!

SCORE!!!!!  I hope you enjoy it!  Just don't let the kids take it out back to the sand lot.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

birdman

Ill probably keep it out for a while for show and tell, but it will be stored away with the rest of my baseball memorabilia in the long run.
Paug FTMFW!

antelope19

Quote from: birdman on April 21, 2009, 02:55:46 PM
Ill probably keep it out for a while for show and tell, but it will be stored away with the rest of my baseball memorabilia in the long run.

Memorabilia?  Do tell.  I've got a pretty decent collection of autographed balls and have been meaning to get a display case of some sort for them. 

Hank Aaron, Kirby Pucket, Cal Ripken, Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer.....to name a few.  As a kid, I was an avid collector.  We used to go to so many weekend "shows" where athletes would make autograph appearances.  Good Times. 

birdman

You pretty much hit it on the head. I collected Bball stuff heavily for from 4th through 8th grade(84-88). I have 10's of thousands of cards plus lots of balls, photos, bats, etc. Also have a bunch of Hockey stuff, too, but not as much as baseball.
Mostly sox/bruins signed stuff, but we used to go to the card shows too and collect autographs.
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

lifeboy13

Quote from: antelope19 on April 21, 2009, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: birdman on April 21, 2009, 02:55:46 PM

Memorabilia?  Do tell.  I've got a pretty decent collection of autographed balls and have been meaning to get a display case of some sort for them. 

Hank Aaron, Kirby Pucket, Cal Ripken, Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer.....to name a few.  As a kid, I was an avid collector.  We used to go to so many weekend "shows" where athletes would make autograph appearances.  Good Times. 
LoL, My family actually owned a store.  I still have 1/4 million cards but got rid of my good stuff back when the market was hot.  Only thing I regret selling is a couple of pairs of Kirby Puckett batting gloves I stole from his locker in the clubhouse.  From MN and knew some bat boys so I got to go down with them once to put the players things away after a road trip (87' WS Champs).  I snagged so much stuff.  The one bat boy I knew signed the autos for Puckett/Geatti/Viola fan mail. it's hilarious!!
Good Day, Every Day!

WhatstheUse?

WTF! I have a Kirby Pucket signed Homer Hankey from the year I was born (87)

That thing BETTER not be signed by some random ass bat boy!!!  :-P  :x
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

AJ Masthay's fenway print.  Pretty sweet!

antelope19

A couple more from AJ.  I really like the JB.

blatboom

mattstick

Igbo

Quote from: mattstick on May 19, 2009, 11:07:36 AM
Yawn. AJ is a hack in my book.

I kind of agree. Nothing he has put out has IMO been all that interesting enough to pick up.

antelope19

Quote from: Igbo on May 19, 2009, 11:18:53 AM

I kind of agree. Nothing he has put out has IMO been all that interesting enough to pick up.

Interesting.  I love (the majority of) his work.