News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/16 - N Charleston Coliseum- N Charleston, SC- Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, October 16, 2010, 11:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybaggs

I think this is my favorite show that I attended this fall. 

The "Curtain>Mango, Sand, Limb by Limb, Sneakin Sally" sequence was pretty epic for me, as I had been been hoping to hear the first four of those songs for weeks.  The Mango, as noted above, had it's problems, which sucks, because it was so cool coming out of the Curtain.  Trey just couldn't get that little melodic riff down.  Sometimes I think he needs to practice more.  Still though, This whole sequence was really fun.  I was surprised at the closer too.  I thought they would break after Cavern for sure.  And then a nice chunky Bowie...

I thought the Crosseyed was a cool.  Nice long jam.  It seemed like it needed a little direction at points, but it did end up in some really nice places.  You gotta take chances, right?  I actually liked the Dirt, although I agree it was sort of a strange placement.  I can't lie, I am over Fluffhead [ducks].  I just don't really like dancing to it and most of the versions I have seen with 3.0 are botched by Trey at some point.  This one was actually pretty clean but alas...I really enjoyed the 2001, the Tweezer, the YEM, and the Quinn encore too.  Perhaps standard-ish versions but all well performed and with great energy.

The weather was awesome this weekend.  We camped on James Island and I was thrilled to wake up and put on flip flops.  Charleston is a really cool town, too.  Lot's of history and old, old buildings. 

UncleEbinezer

This C&P is legit!  I have really enjoyed hearing this show, but definitely this C&P.  Around 6:30 it really starts to get revved up!   :rockout:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phil

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 16, 2011, 09:57:08 AM
This C&P is legit!  I have really enjoyed hearing this show, but definitely this C&P.  Around 6:30 it really starts to get revved up!   :rockout:

This show came up the other day when I had my iPod on "shuffle albums." Some definite slop, but some serious moments of win going on as well (the C&P is the best example but the Antelope is no slouch either).
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?