News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Managed to snag a Blue Train in the second round last time, hoping to do the same for Lee Morgan this round. 

Hicks

Quote from: susep on February 23, 2020, 01:58:00 PM
Managed to snag a Blue Train in the second round last time, hoping to do the same for Lee Morgan this round.

Lee Morgan hasn't gone up yet.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

You're both right. Lee Morgan Search For The New Land is currently sold out.  Lee Morgan The Sidewinder is next month.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on February 23, 2020, 02:44:16 PM

You're both right. Lee Morgan Search For The New Land is currently sold out.  Lee Morgan The Sidewinder is next month.

Ah ok, I'm waiting for Sidewinder.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Quote from: Hicks on February 23, 2020, 03:50:03 PM

Hicks, have you seen the Lee documentary I Called Him Morgan?  Definitely check it out if you haven't already. 

Hicks

Quote from: susep on February 23, 2020, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 23, 2020, 03:50:03 PM

Hicks, have you seen the Lee documentary I Called Him Morgan?  Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Have not, thanks for the rec!

Multibeast12

Went to a local record riot and grabbed

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
David Bowie - Heros
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic
King Crimson - Lizard
Pretenders - First Album
The Feelies - Time For a Witness
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (It's the sicks red white and blue vinyl looks great and sounds good)
Kinks - Kinda Kinks
David Bowie - Diamond Dogs
Tom Waits - Franks Wild Years
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
Fleetwood Mac - The Pious Bird of Good Omen

One of the more exciting hauls I have had in a while. Really excited about grabbing that Feelies album. I knew one song off of it but thoroughly enjoyed the album when I listened to it last night. Also, if any of you are around the Albany area, I will try and remember to post the next time there is one.

jam>

mehead

Quote from: Multibeast12 on February 24, 2020, 08:17:04 PM

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
David Bowie - Heros
King Crimson - Lizard
Pretenders - First Album
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (It's the sicks red white and blue vinyl looks great and sounds good)
Kinks - Kinda Kinks
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

One of the more exciting hauls I have had in a while. Really excited about grabbing that Feelies album. I knew one song off of it but thoroughly enjoyed the album when I listened to it last night. Also, if any of you are around the Albany area, I will try and remember to post the next time there is one.

Nicely done
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
David Bowie - Heros
King Crimson - Lizard
Pretenders - First Album
Kinks - Kinda Kinks
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

Good stack!

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 26, 2020, 03:33:00 PM

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
David Bowie - Heros
King Crimson - Lizard
Pretenders - First Album
Kinks - Kinda Kinks
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

Good stack!

mistercharlie

For any 90's rock fans... Sponge - Rotting Pinata has been released on vinyl finally, really again since they did a small first run two years ago. It was an insta-buy for me since I loved this cd in the 90's.

It's available in two versions:
White with Orange & Yellow splatter (300 pressed) - https://merchnow.com/products/v2/309310/rotting-piata-white-w-splatter
Clear with Orange & Yellow smoke (700 pressed) - https://merchnow.com/products/v2/309311/rotting-piata-clear-w-splatter
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

I wouldn't say that's for any 90s rock fans.   :samurai:

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on March 04, 2020, 04:12:07 PM

Save it for the Semantics Dome, E.B. White.

But I get what you mean. I should have said "For a select few 90's rock fans." But Plowed is a great song, you gotta admit that.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 04, 2020, 04:16:01 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 04, 2020, 04:12:07 PM

Save it for the Semantics Dome, E.B. White.

But I get what you mean. I should have said "For a select few 90's rock fans." But Plowed is a great song, you gotta admit that.

I admit nothing and absolutely hated that song Molly when it was a hit.

So there.