News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 28, 2012, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Bought the stream, was hoping for some major X factor in light of the full moon.  Really enjoyed set 1 esp Moma(w/ MJ Can't Stop Till You Get Enough tease), Tube, Stash, Cane(I love Trey's playing in this version) and a jammed out Wolfman's.  Set 2 was mostly meh for me.  Tweezer started off strong but the jam quickly became directionless imo, it seemed as though they weren't really hooking up but rather Trey noodling.  Page was on fire all night and his playing in Maze was particularly strong.  I crashed as soon as Fluff began.  Psyched to hear Bowie from the comments in the LST.  Will re-listen to Tweezer this morning as well.  All in all decent opener.     

mattstick

mattstick

We should praise LivePhish for an amazing webcast too, seems like there are a few more cameras this year.  Also the "Trey's Rig" setbreak video was sick.

mehead

I bought the webcast as well. While the first set looks standard on paper, i really enjoyed it. Tube, stash and wolfman were highlights for me. Trey really struggled through kdf and the jam just felt flat. Agree with susep about the tweezer but still liked it. From what I remember I dug the Twist and pay jorgan on maze and thought the jam in bowie was weird. I need to give the 2nd set a relisten between the "cookie" and wife coming home from the movies and yapping my ear off, I got distracted. Didnt think Fluff worked.  :tte:
Solid opener though.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

birdman

I have to disagree about the Fluffhead. That place went fucking berserk during the climax. Thats when I really felt upset I wasn't there to be a part of that energy. 2nd set will be hard to top, IMO.
Paug FTMFW!

mehead

Quote from: birdman on December 29, 2012, 09:47:12 AM
I have to disagree about the Fluffhead. That place went fucking berserk during the climax. Thats when I really felt upset I wasn't there to be a part of that energy. 2nd set will be hard to top, IMO.

I'm sure they did go nuts.  The placement just didn't work for me.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

DoW

I'll be able to give this a listen on the way to worcester today but it makes me happy to see people enjoyed the show.
enjoy the rest of the 3 nights for those going or watching at home.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

redrum

Dno how much u could see on the webcast but trey n mike were both having gear/sound issues in the first set.
Also seemed like trey n fish were having trouble linking up and getting settled a lot that set too but
Set 2.. Shit was fire.
So good to see them having fun w an old school set like that.
I was on the floor, crowd energy was pretty high thru out for a 28th.
Looking forward to seeing how tonite compares...
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

rowjimmy

whatapiper

Quote from: redrum on December 29, 2012, 10:33:42 AM
Dno how much u could see on the webcast but trey n mike were both having gear/sound issues in the first set.
Also seemed like trey n fish were having trouble linking up and getting settled a lot that set too but
Set 2.. Shit was fire.
So good to see them having fun w an old school set like that.
I was on the floor, crowd energy was pretty high thru out for a 28th.
Looking forward to seeing how tonite compares...

Nice to hear from you! I'll be trying to spin the second set before the show starts tonight, definitely planning on throwing down on the webcast.   Did the floor seem exceedingly crowded?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 29, 2012, 11:18:46 AM

That is so cool.

Love hearing Trey talk about this stuff. And the look he gets on his face at the end when he's talking about Jimi and spending "8 million hours listening to band of gypsies" = priceless. That dude is psyched.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

danje

Was on the floor last night, had a lot of space about 50ft from the stage. Thought the Tweezer was amazing and and thought Trey was on. Psyched for the rest of the run.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.