News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

This has all been wonderful.....

Started by Marmar, January 08, 2019, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

...but now Im on my way.

So...I had a real long think about my life situation as of late, and after 27 years, 290 shows, the Albany show this past tour was my final Phish show. I still love what they are doing and the direction they are going, I can just no longer subject myself to a situation that is unhealthy to me. My priorities have shifted to where I need to put all my focus on ME. I just recently was hospitalized again, and I can no longer risk my physical and mental well-being by putting myself in a situation that is undoubtedly unhealthy for me.

I will still be staying involved in the community as much as time will allow, but it is no longer a top priority at this stage in my life. Love you folks and all the love and light you have brought into my life during its darkest and happiest times.

Arty
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mistercharlie

You gotta do what's best for your health and well-being, Arty. I wish you the best of luck.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 08, 2019, 11:54:26 AM
You gotta do what's best for your health and well-being, Arty. I wish you the best of luck.

This, man. If you find yourself in a place where you can come back clean and ready to do it healthy-like, you will always be welcomed with open arms. But you gotta look out for you first.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Wish you the best of luck on your journey!
Always good to take a step back and take time for you.

justjezmund

Self reflection and awareness can and will do wonders. Always gotta take care of number one first. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Buffalo Budd

Good luck Mar, we're here whenever you want to vent or need a shoulder to lean on.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Bobafett

I know you are an asset to the phish community and I hope the best for you.  Thanks for being the mar.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

pcr3

Good luck Arty, and you know where to find us if you need us.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mopper_smurf

Take care Mar. And thank you for all things :phish: you have shared.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

Sounds like a wise decision
All the best
thanks for all the music you have shared
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Marmar

Like I said....Im still gonna drop tha bombs on you folks from time to time....I am just done with the time/effort/resources of trying to fit my life around going to see them. Ive had a good run, I just feel that my race has been run. Its super unhealthy for me to live for the next show...and everything that has to offer.

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

Hell yeah man! Much appreciated for the tunes and vids.
And 27 years/290 shows is a hell of a run, shit thats pretty much my life time.

gah

Thanks for all you've done over the years for this community. Your contributions have always been greatly appreciated. Sometimes, we gotta make tough decisions though, and so mad respect for putting yourself and your situation first. Take care, and be easy bro.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

Quote from: pcr3 on January 08, 2019, 12:35:39 PM
Good luck Arty, and you know where to find us if you need us.

Take care of yourself first, my friend. Good luck Art
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

khalpin

Hang in there and chin up.  You are well loved around these parts.