News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trying to unload two DA-20 MKII's DAT decks

Started by mikehappysmith, March 10, 2007, 12:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehappysmith

I used to try to trade DATs and purchased two Tascam DA-20 MKII's for the purpose.  Its been a *long* time since either deck has been used and my wife decided she wanted to reclaim the space - so I'm hoping to pass them along to someone at a very discounted price.

Each of them saw under 500 hours total use.  I've got the remote and manuals for each one.  I'll add a coax cable with each one.

I was hoping for $200 each, but am certainly willing to negotiate to make it happen and would be happy to discount if you want both.

I'm in D.C. and would be happy about a local purchase, but if you pay for shipping I'll send them anywhere.

I'm also happy to include about 80 DATs (mostly Phish 96-98 with some others mixed in).  I can catalog them if needed, but am looking at these as a friendly bonus for anyone willing to take the decks.

Hope to hear.  I'll post a reply here if they're gone.

rowjimmy

Mike, drop me a PM. I'd like to see the DAT list if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
Have you had either deck serviced? Any trouble with either?

Also, you may want to do a little research on the pricing of these. I think $200 may be a bit high when compared to the ebay market.

I am def. interested and local (live in Fredericksburg, VA; work in DC)

mikehappysmith

I looked at prices on eBay and I was unknowingly priced too high.  Let's call it $100 each, $150 for the pair.

mikehappysmith

I had grossly mis-remembered the DAT count.  I revisited the boxes and its about 110 Phish shows + ~2 dozen others.  List attached.  I didn't bother with the sources - they vary and some are no longer known.  The best pedigree information is for the 1997 and 1998 Phish.  Total count is ~160-170 DATs.

To be clear - I am not selling these DATs!  If whomever buys the decks wants them - great!  If they don't, I'll be happy to send them to anyone else for the cost of shipping.  After the nostalgic trip going through them to type the catalog I'll be happy if anyone can use them.

sophist

hmmmmmmmmmm.  Let me check the funds.....I'll get back to you Mike. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

nab

From a pure collecting standpoint, if no one else wants the DATs, I'll take them.  If I do get a hold of them I am not opposed to passing them out to interested parties who may want to transfer them.

rowjimmy

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2007, 10:42:10 AM
All materials are in hand.
+k to Mike.

do i smell the next x-fer great on the horizon?     :-o
a

rowjimmy