News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

paug art gallery

Started by jedifunk, April 29, 2008, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

hey all;

just had the thought after looking at the antelope canyon images from, well, antelope and the talk about scanning software with jeph, and it got me thinking... i have a shit ton of photography, and art for that matter that i'd like to share.

and i assume that many of you do as well... so lets start posting!

- if need be i'll make it a sticky.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

granville island
vancouver, bc, ca

june 19, 2006

nikon d70s
nikon dx 18-70mm @ 70mm
1/20 sec @ f/14
iso 200
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

city library
vancouver, bc, ca

june 20, 2006

nikon d70s
18-70mm @ 38mm
1/125 @ f/9.5
iso 200

cyanotope done in adobe lightroom
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

stanley park
vancouver, bc, ca

june 19, 2006

nikon d70s
18-70 @ 46mm
10 sec @ f/4
iso 200

used a technique called "painting with light"... because of the 10 second exposure, my father was able to use a flashlight to "paint" the statue with light without being seen.  in some exposures he actually walked in front of my camera and you can't tell in the image.  pretty cool trick... and this is a favorite.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ubc anthropology museum
university of british columbia
vancouver, bc, ca

june 21, 2006

d70s
90mm
1/15 @ f/16
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ubc campus
vancouver, bc, ca

june 22, 2006

d70s
50mm
2 sec @ f/1.7
iso 400
infrared filter

i only shot infrared film once, but i thought digital infrared was awesome... i had to create a custom white balance for the d70 and then put an infrared filter  (which is completely opaque) on the lens.  tripod necessary (but i shoot 95% of my stuff on a tripod), and a higher iso... but i think the results are awesome, and it was a blast to play around with.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

easts_vault

Check out my pic. Done in Adobe Illustrator CS3, on yes a mac. This is one part of a "triptic", it is called Celestial Fire #1.
Without music we are just swimming in an ocean with no hooks.

WillBreathes

I have lost/given away pretty much all of my finished pieces..

But I found these "throw-aways" a while ago at my parents house.  Not sure on the specifics of what I did to each... but it was all done on 35mm b&w, and put to glossy paper by yours truly.

blue toner.

sepia-toned (and poorly at that!  :oops:)

not finished/not good.  started coloring in the water with pastels.

sepia, I believe.

I forget what this trick is called.... maybe polarization?  ugh... been too long since I have thought about photography.

pastels.

stretched the photo by exposing the paper at an angle.

yeah... not so good.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

tet

nice work so far...

however, i may be able to add a gallery app to the 'paug.  everyone can then post pics, you can rate them, browse by user, leave comments, etc.  not sure how well it works, but i'll play around with it in the next day or so.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Nice idea!  I'll have to go back through my shots...
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

My brother took this at the first Bonnaroo.  I've always loved it and use it as a desktop background.

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

sweet roo pick!

here's a couple more from my trip to vancouver in 06.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ubc anthropology museum
vancouver, bc, ca

june 21, 2006

d70s
85mm
1/8 @ f/11, exposure bias -.5
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

vancouver conservatory
vancouver, bc, ca

june 21, 2006

d70s
135mm
1/10 @ f/16
iso 200
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

WillBreathes

tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither