News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Love that one.

Also, The Big Steve Hour (Parrish) is so good.  Worth the price of SiriusXM just for that show lol.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 05, 2018, 09:44:25 PM
Love that one.

Also, The Big Steve Hour (Parrish) is so good.  Worth the price of SiriusXM just for that show lol.

Yeah, I listen to Steve in my bosses office quite a bit. He'll call me in if Steve is telling a really good story, or just some funny recollection.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

The new batch of Ted Mattes FOB transfers that Scott Clugston put up this weekend are unreal.  Just listen to this Dark Star.  So sick....God damn I love Schoeps pulls.

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-10-09.142510.fob.schoeps.cmc4.mk4.mattes.miller.clugston.flac1648/Gd89-10-09S2t05DarkStar.flac

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 10, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
The new batch of Ted Mattes FOB transfers that Scott Clugston put up this weekend are unreal.  Just listen to this Dark Star.  So sick....God damn I love Schoeps pulls.

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-10-09.142510.fob.schoeps.cmc4.mk4.mattes.miller.clugston.flac1648/Gd89-10-09S2t05DarkStar.flac

Sick

VA $l!m

really enjoying digging into the 1st set of this new Ktobin post today. summer 89 Jerry so crispy
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 12, 2018, 05:36:38 PM
really enjoying digging into the 1st set of this new Ktobin post today. summer 89 Jerry so crispy

Listened to that today too on TIGDH...So good.

VA $l!m

finished up my fall 72 listening today.
i'd already been enamored with the Otherones from the winterland shows  in mid december, but had forgotten how absolutely epic the 31st version was.
Truely put the cap on a sureal year. wow.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mangohands

jammed alpine 89 today.  phenomenal foolish heart

mistercharlie

Quote from: mangohands on July 19, 2018, 11:22:25 PM

I was there! Only 8 at the time, but I was there. Gotta love my mom!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 20, 2018, 06:31:57 AM

I was there! Only 8 at the time, but I was there. Gotta love my mom!

Mr. C, that is pretty cool.
Little rager, LOL.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Easily a Top 5 Foolish Heart if not Top 3.  Epic Althea that run too iirc.  I went in 87 and 88, but 89 is the joint.

mattstick

The tape flip in Eyes Dave's 27 is a bit rough @ 8 minutes.

Kinda surprised they didn't have 2 decks at the board for tape flips?

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on July 30, 2018, 01:04:09 PM
The tape flip in Eyes Dave's 27 is a bit rough @ 8 minutes.

Kinda surprised they didn't have 2 decks at the board for tape flips?

That would have required prioritizing recording.

Hicks

It's crazy that the recording method actually went backwards in this era (in some cases at least) in going from reels to cassettes. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on July 30, 2018, 01:37:28 PM
It's crazy that the recording method actually went backwards in this era (in some cases at least) in going from reels to cassettes.

Healy had some other things going on.
Soon after (87?) PCM also came in around this time frame so they were trying things out but... Not always wholeheartedly.