News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2013

Started by antelope19, January 09, 2013, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: jstepan on April 08, 2013, 02:56:40 PM
toronto rolls into town tomorrow. i work at a bar across the street, hoping to catch a few innings.. and hoping to run into some friendly neighbors from the north.. :-D

Iirc, Matt posted something similar last last year. Buncha sluts up in Toronto!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jstepan

that would make sense, but, what would a mlb 2013 thread be without some toronto bj sluu's..  :beers:
Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.

antelope19

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on April 19, 2013, 08:31:01 PM
Rain delays suck!

yupppp.
up at heavy seas alehouse on the other side of downtown! gonna head out in a few to a buddies place! lemme know next time you hit up a game!

runawayjimbo

Baserunning for dummies

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

DoW

with the news last night, I didn't get to watch the whole game, but I cannot wait to see the Matt Harvey vs. Steven Strasburg games for years to come.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

blatboom

just flipped on to mlbtv in time for a Valdespin walk off GS pretty sweet a

early lols to my Nats and Stras & Zim, the Angels, Dodgers and Blue Jays

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

DoW

Matt Harvey is just a flat out nasty pitcher.  makes my mlb.tv subscription worth it just to watch him.

runawayjimbo

Roy Halladay to have shoulder surgery. He says he'll be back this year but I'm skeptical. All those years of pitching 220+ innings starting to take its toll. Hard to watch such a workhorse struggling to reach the finish line of his HoF career.

If I'm the Phillies, I'd start selling now.

antelope19

Quote from: runawayjimbo on May 08, 2013, 09:37:16 PM
Roy Halladay to have shoulder surgery. He says he'll be back this year but I'm skeptical. All those years of pitching 220+ innings starting to take its toll. Hard to watch such a workhorse struggling to reach the finish line of his HoF career.

For what? For the reasons you stated above, the Phillies should've sold awhile ago.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on May 08, 2013, 09:47:18 PM

For what? For the reasons you stated above, the Phillies should've sold awhile ago.

As long as Halladay was in the lineup (even as a shadow of his former self), there was still hope the offense would wake up and they could turn it around. But now? The season is looking pretty bleak and the window of opportunity on an aging team seems to be closing fast. It sounds like they're just gonna try to fill the holes until/if he comes back. I understand why they'd do that; it's a long season and anything can happen. But I haven't seen anything in this team to make me think they'd turn it around. I'd get whatever you can for the limited talent that's left on this team. Problem is, Lee would get the most value, but it's hard to see them trading him now that Doc is out. Utley's in the last year of his deal and has history of injuries (not to mention he's one of the most popular players in franchise history). Ruiz maybe. Other than that, who's tradable on this team?

DoW

Quote from: runawayjimbo on May 08, 2013, 10:53:44 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on May 08, 2013, 09:47:18 PM

As long as Halladay was in the lineup (even as a shadow of his former self), there was still hope the offense would wake up and they could turn it around. But now? The season is looking pretty bleak and the window of opportunity on an aging team seems to be closing fast. It sounds like they're just gonna try to fill the holes until/if he comes back. I understand why they'd do that; it's a long season and anything can happen. But I haven't seen anything in this team to make me think they'd turn it around. I'd get whatever you can for the limited talent that's left on this team. Problem is, Lee would get the most value, but it's hard to see them trading him now that Doc is out. Utley's in the last year of his deal and has history of injuries (not to mention he's one of the most popular players in franchise history). Ruiz maybe. Other than that, who's tradable on this team?
we should time this post for a few years from now in reference to Justin verlander.
at least halladay will be back sooner than Johan Santana  :wink:

antelope19

Don't know if my O's can keep this up, but it's been a fun ride for the last season+

Currently tied for first in the AL East!!!!!!  :beerbang:

emay