News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CID Presents... one more Mexican riviera custie fest!

Started by PIE-GUY, September 26, 2016, 02:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Only two Grateful Deads on this bill.

Not enough for me to consider being on the same beach as an SCI show.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I mean, if it was the Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith I might be tempted but alas....

emay

Oh man. Odd line up there. They threw that one together quick

Gundo

So basically a C-league festival, but you pay A-league prices

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 26, 2016, 06:05:22 PM
I mean, if it was the Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith I might be tempted but alas....

I had to look it up.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
I was recently talking with my bro about what an underated bassist he is.  Check out that chunky groove in Walk This Way.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 26, 2016, 07:23:04 PM

I just noticed these are essentially the same dates as the LCD trip, so, yeah. Thrown together at the last minute to say the least. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: PGLHAH on September 27, 2016, 12:53:15 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on September 26, 2016, 07:23:04 PM

I just noticed these are essentially the same dates as the LCD trip, so, yeah. Thrown together at the last minute to say the least.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Ouch.

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bob-weir-sits-out-sci-members-jackie-greene-sit-in-at-los-muertos-con-queso/

Bob Weir Sits Out, SCI Members & Jackie Greene Sit In At Los Muertos Con Queso

Posted by   Dave Melamed on   Friday January 27th, 2017
What's the first thing they tell you when you go to Mexico? Don't drink the water! Apparently Bob Weir missed that memo last night, as Bill Kreutzmann explained briefly from the stage that the Grateful Dead guitarist was feeling under the weather from food poisoning and would not be performing.

Obviously Weir's shoes are big ones to fill, and the remaining band members, including Tom Hamilton, Dave Schools, Bill Kreutzmann and Jeff Chimenti, decided to welcome a rotating cast of collaborators in Weir's stead. Throughout the two set performance, Jackie Greene remained with the band throughout the night, and Kyle Hollingsworth, Jason Hann and Michael Travis of The String Cheese Incident all joined the band for some jamming in the "Eyes of the World > Drums > Morning Dew" segment of the second set.

Despite Weir's absence, the musicians made the best of the situation with a set full of Grateful Dead classics, including a "Scarlet/Fire" opener and some fun upbeat playing in John Phillips' "Me & My Uncle" and Johnny Cash's "Big River." The second set also featured some grooves on "Bertha," "Bird Song," "Loose Lucy" and more, and the band encored with "Big Railroad Blues" to end the night.

Check out the full setlist from last night, below.

Setlist: Los Muertos Band | Los Muertos Con Queso | Riviera Maya, Mexico | 1/26/17

Set I
Scarlet Begonias > th
Fire On The Mountain th
Ramble On Rose th
Me & My Uncle jg >
Big River jg
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo th

Set II
Bertha th
Bird Song th
Loose Lucy jg
Eyes Of The World* th >
Drums*>
Morning Dew* th ( solo piano intro Jc)
Shakedown Street ( with Adam McDougall ) th

E: Big Railroad Blues th

*Jason Hann percussion , Kyle Hollingsworth , Michael Travis ( String Cheese ) join in
@ Bob Weir skipped show due to illness

PIE-GUY

Heard that elsewhere - good lord, I hope Bobby is actually sick and not falling off the wagon again.

VDB

I wonder what size crowd they ended up pulling in for that.
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: VDB on January 27, 2017, 02:00:26 PM

crowd size doesn't matter.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: gah on January 27, 2017, 02:33:53 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 27, 2017, 02:00:26 PM

crowd size doesn't matter.

:wink:

Who the hell drinks the water in Mexico?
What a noob.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.