News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Summer Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 27, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

After missing seeing any of the amazing shows Phish has been playing live, I'm really looking forward to getting my jam fix from The Jauntee fix next month!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Sorry, Scotty... but the word is out...

http://www.theonion.com/article/poll-96-of-bands-looking-for-slightly-better-drumm-27641

Poll: 96% Of Bands Looking For Slightly Better Drummer

WASHINGTON—According to a Zogby poll released this week, 96 percent of rock groups across the nation are currently in search of a slightly better drummer. "Nearly all bands surveyed indicated that, while their current drummer could keep time and was 'pretty good,' they certainly wouldn't mind playing with someone who could handle quicker rhythms and maybe knew a few more beats," pollster Will Materson said. "Additionally, most bands seemed to indicate they would be open to any drummer who could just be a bit more versatile in general, like Adam, who is completely awesome but is currently playing with those other guys who let him sing lead on a couple songs." The poll also found that 72 percent of bands think it would be pretty cool to get a band member who could play piano on a few tracks.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

After listening to the last night of Bakers Dozen, I started thinking that The Jauntee would do a great cover of Most Events Aren't Planned.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Checking in fronm peach fest! Our set was fine and dandy, whatever...

Way more cool than that.... I met Trey's parents! We chatted backstage for awhile today.... also, I played after John Molo's band last night and met him, who I've always been a huge fan of. So cool!
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 12, 2017, 05:30:17 PM
Checking in front peach fest! Our set was fine and dandy, whatever...

Way more cool than that.... I met Trey's parents! We chatted backstage for awhile today.... also, I played after John Molo's band last night and met him, who I've always been a huge fan of. So cool!
nice! Hope you guys threw down
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

awesome!

did you meet Mike?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

I've met him once before (he's weird) but I didn't see Mike this weekend...we left today before he played unfortunately.
Bring in the dude!

pcr3

Is the next Boston show confirmed yet? And when do you leave?  :cry:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Very cool that you met Molo. Dude's a beast. Love his playing.
Trey's folks are cool too, I guess.

gah

all three of those thinigs are cool. but I wonder what trey's folks were doing there? Just there for the fest? Are you sure it wasn't just some random old couple?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: gah on August 14, 2017, 10:25:17 AM

all three of those thinigs are cool. but I wonder what trey's folks were doing there? Just there for the fest? Are you sure it wasn't just some random old couple?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Ya know... I was wondering the same thing myself.  They did tell me they lived near Princeton, NJ so that convinced me. I guess that's not all that far from where Peach Fest takes place so they were probably just there supporting their son's friend Mike! Also... they were def getting their drink on backstage.... which they probably cant do at their sons lame backstage anymore so they gotta party somewhere  :smoke:

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 14, 2017, 10:20:08 AM

He couldn't have a been a nicer guy too... even stuck around to watch our set for a bit! I can't remember the name of his band, but apparently the bass player was in Jefferson Starship...

I'll admit, it was a little weird to see this guy, who I've seen onstage playing to thousands and thousands of people alongside Phil Lesh..... now, in his 70's, playing some side stage at a festy to less than 100 people before my band goes on. I guess not everyone gets to go out 'on top' do they?
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 14, 2017, 10:40:24 AM

Ya know... I was wondering the same thing myself.  They did tell me they lived near Princeton, NJ so that convinced me. I guess that's not all that far from where Peach Fest takes place so they were probably just there supporting their son's friend Mike! Also... they were def getting their drink on backstage.... which they probably cant do at their sons lame backstage anymore so they gotta party somewhere  :smoke:

He couldn't have a been a nicer guy too... even stuck around to watch our set for a bit! I can't remember the name of his band, but apparently the bass player was in Jefferson Starship...

I'll admit, it was a little weird to see this guy, who I've seen onstage playing to thousands and thousands of people alongside Phil Lesh..... now, in his 70's, playing some side stage at a festy to less than 100 people before my band goes on. I guess not everyone gets to go out 'on top' do they?

He's still playing music and getting paid for it.

WhatstheUse?

True statement.

He looked like he was having a blast up there too.

Okay, he's still coming out on top I'd say
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 14, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 14, 2017, 10:40:24 AM

He's still playing music and getting paid for it.

MoonAlice
good lineup. Barry Sless is no slouch either
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."