News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Trump White House: Adventures in Communications

Started by VDB, July 27, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote"I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement. But you don't make statements that direct unless you know the facts. It takes a little while to get the facts. ... I want to know the facts."

really??
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

gah

Quote from: mbw on August 15, 2017, 08:48:31 PM
This fucking piece of shit ignorant racist ass motherfucker president and all the dumb fucks that supported him guy.

fyp. just felt like your original post didn't quite capture the mood appropriately.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

His insatiable desire to be lauded consistently drives him into the arms of the most uncritical, fringe elements of his support base. I think he's going to discover the limits of how far that base can propel him.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Beyond one term, for example. Beyond sputtering around in chaos, bereft of policy achievements.

He needed more than just white nationalists to get elected. This is blasphemous in some circles, but I maintain that not every person who pulled the lever for Trump was motivated by pure, vile racism. So, the more that he alienates people occupying anything close to the middle, the more isolated and hopeless his presidency will become.
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: VDB on August 16, 2017, 12:30:02 PM
Beyond one term, for example. Beyond sputtering around in chaos, bereft of policy achievements.

He needed more than just white nationalists to get elected. This is blasphemous in some circles, but I maintain that not every person who pulled the lever for Trump was motivated by pure, vile racism. So, the more that he alienates people occupying anything close to the middle, the more isolated and hopeless his presidency will become.

Of course not everyone who voted for him was motivated by pure, vile racism....but knowing that was his character was not enough not to vote for him either. I don't give a fuck if you liked his ideas on immigration, health care policy, or whatever "motivated" someone to pull the lever for him, but it required swallowing the idea that yeah, he has racist views, and yeah I'm aligning with others that have racist views and putting myself in the same camp as racist groups, buuuuuuut I can overlook that. Yeah....ha ha ha ha...the absurdity of this conversation even in 2017 is ludicrous.

gah

And Bannon is out.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sunrisevt

Honestly, I think the "dumpster fire" metaphor is inappropriate. Dumpster fires shed light and heat, and dispose of garbage. The Trump presidency does none of those.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

ytowndan

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 18, 2017, 07:13:06 PM
Honestly, I think the "dumpster fire" metaphor is inappropriate. Dumpster fires shed light and heat, and dispose of garbage. The Trump presidency does none of those.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:clap:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

mbw

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.