News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 11, 2017, 01:11:16 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 07, 2017, 12:30:12 PM
Saw Jimmy Herring and John McLaughlin last night.  Mind blown.  McLaughlin was on the stage for 3 hours and did a whole Mahivishnu set.  It was sick.

I caught the show in austin. It was stellar. Nothing short of stellar. I loved how the last set was done with different sets of musicians jamming at different times.... seeing Sipe jam with McLaughlin was a highlight for sure.

This sounds amazeballs, would love to catch that.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

I attended Christmas Jam a.k.a. Warrenfest in Asheville on Saturday. My first time. Big snowstorm the night of. Fun.

Interesting TAB lineup with just Trey, Russ, Tony and Ray. Phish-style configuration playing mostly Phish overlap songs (Jibboo, Sand, First Tube, Everything's Right) and a couple other cheesy new Trey songs. Good playing, though.

Warren had a tiny side setup for acoustic performances with guests in between main acts. After the TAB set, Trey went over there and he and Warren performed Miss You and Midnight Rider. At another point, Warren had Holly Bowling out. Other times, other guests I didn't know.

TAB was followed by Les Bros, an Allman Brothers-associated group with Warren, various alumni and guests. Evidently Jaimoe was to be involved, but Warren vaguely announced from the stage that he "was supposed to be here but isn't." The group took absolutely forever to get set up and mic-check'd, which stood as a stark contrast to the speed and professionalism of Trey's coming and going. The band itself had plenty of talented players, but couldn't seem to negotiate the basic architecture of the songs all that adeptly. But, I can easily say that one of my highlights of the whole event was seeing 14-year-old prodigy Taz Niederauer shred his way through a sit-in. They really should have kept him out for more than one song. Later, former teen prodigy Marcus King, now 21, came on stage and played a great many notes. This guy is from South Carolina and I've heard a bit about him recently, but had never seen him before. So that was good.

We didn't quite feel like sticking around for Mule, so we headed out to beat last call at our favorite Asheville tiki bar.

I'd go back to Xmas Jam in the future provided the lineup is compelling. The crowd is – I won't say diverse – but not quite as homogenous as we're used to at single-act shows. There's a mildly chaotic, all-day-party vibe. And not a few hilarious Christmas costumes. And it's Asheville.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Saw a special and, frankly, amazing show last night.
Hiss Golden Messenger at 9:30 Club in D.C.
Last show of the year for them and they put it all out there.

I got in early, like I do, and posted up on the rail. They worked through material, heavy on the new album but ranging back through the catalog too. When they played "Lucia", Phil Cook looked straight at me and nodded then led the band into a jam on Franklin's Tower (complete with a run at the refrain for whomever in the room wasn't sure what they were doing.) The show was a couple hours of outstanding music and they sent us into the night with a cover of Pops Staples' "Friendship".

I shot a ton of great pictures. here's a couple:

and a couple of videos too:

Buffalo Budd

Yeah, that would be a hell of a night RJ.
Severely jealous but thanks for sharing the pics and vids.

Those 2 artists are at the top of my list, would love to see them.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

There’s a few more pics on my Instagram

eta: I did not know it would embed (poorly). Cool.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

rowjimmy

Helped orchestrate an awesome house show at my neighbor’s house last night:
John Andrews (solo/Quilt/Woods) and Daniel Bachman.

Can’t wait to sit down and decode the mid/side recording I made.

jam>

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 17, 2017, 02:29:13 PM
Helped orchestrate an awesome house show at my neighbor's house last night:
John Andrews (solo/Quilt/Woods) and Daniel Bachman.

Can't wait to sit down and decide the mid/side recording I made.

Damn! Did they play together at all? . Good work!

Caravan2001

Buffalo Budd

incredible RJ, cool looking room.

PIE-GUY

Natronzero and I caught jamband up-and-comers The Jauntee at their first ever Austin show last night. It was great.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

rowjimmy

Saw the annual Keller Williams SPCA Benefit show.
1 set KW solo, 1 set with his "funk" band, More Than A Little.
It was pretty great.

And here's my video of Eyes Of The World:

Here are some pics: