News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First to 5,000 posts - JEDIFUNK!!! Congrats!

Started by tet, November 22, 2006, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Yes but it must fit in to a set of rules that we may or may not enforce or break on a whim.

rowjimmy

Thanks for the Anchorman thread flashback...

So tempted to resume it.

sls.stormyrider

your restraint is appreciated;)

edit - missed the other thread
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

FOTD* >

* w/ Jerry's beard on mandolin.

Dream Weaver#

#Bobby leaves in the middle to go pay his kid's credit cards off
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: August on April 12, 2007, 11:55:29 AM
I wonder what the "REAL" post counts would be if we got rid of both "fake setlists" games.

1-Jedi
2-Me

everyone else.
a

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

1000 Posts

20th person to reach 4 digits.  Hows this for shameless post whoring  :evil:.

mattstick

Quote from: August on April 12, 2007, 11:55:29 AM
I wonder what the "REAL" post counts would be if we got rid of both "fake setlists" games.

1-Jedi
2-Me

Should I delete the thread, and we can find out?

rowjimmy

4/20
Main Street USA - The Magic Kingdom, Disney World

I:
I Wanna Be Like You*

*Fishman in orangutan costume

nab

Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  What are we playing, King of the Mountain?  The setlist games are just that, games.  I find the GD game to be quite fun.  And what about all the other post padding opportunities that exist here like the "Last Complete Show Listened To" or album, or "Right Now I'm listening to...".  Sure valuable insights can be gleaned, especially from the Album thread imo, but for the most part no real commentary goes along with the posts, mine included.  I fall victim to my own post whoring episodes, especially when the odometer is getting close to rolling over a big number.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?  Its not all setlist games around here anyway.  To prove it I crunched some numbers of my own.  Starting with the basic statistics at the time of this post:

Total Posts: 83119
Total Members:  1763

Total Posts By top 30 Members:  64758
Percentage of Total Posts By Top 30:  77.9%
Percentage of Membership Owned By top 30: 1.7%

GD Setlist Posts:  1012
PH Setlist Posts:  4291
Total "Post Whoring Setlist Game" posts:  5303
Percentage of  "Post Whoring Setlist Game" posts to total: 6.3

The Newb Factor:
I'm drawing a wide generalization here, but I assume that most newbs that never repost do so in the ISO forum.

ISO Forum Posts:  2535
ISO Forum Post Percentage of Total:  3%

Conclusion:

Total Posts:  83119
Total Newb and Setlist Posts: 7840
Percentage Newb and Setlists Posts:  9.4%
Percentage of Total Posts By Top 30:  77.9%
Percentage of Membership Owned By top 30: 1.7%

Of the total posts, 1.7% of the membership is posting something other than fluff posts 68.5% of the time.  Pretty damn good considering that we get by without hurling random insults at each other most of the time.  It seems to me that statistically we can put this whole post whoring issue behind us.

August

nab

jedifunk

:roll:

we're all adults here.... but we were all children first :evil:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,1907.0.html

Its not about post count, as RJ once put it, its all about the sum of your flacs!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

lol

you say that cuz you're all the way down at 1900 posts (yes i'm being generous on your post counts ;) )

but when you're at the top... you want to say there
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: antelope19 on April 13, 2007, 10:21:10 AM
http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,1907.0.html

Its not about post count, as RJ once put it, its all about the sum of your flacs!!!!

Damn!
Now i'm really killing it!
Most Karma and most shows!

Peep the list down by my NEW sig....
a