News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Soccer Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, August 18, 2008, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Anyone else been watching Copa America? The US has been fun to watch and Dempsey has been great. First time in the semi's in like 20 years or something. Stoked for the double header this evening with Argentina/Venezuela and Mexico/Chile, too.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

gah

zimbra

Well that was horrible...  :-(
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gah

I dunno, I was thinking yesterday that as long as we don't lose 5-0 that'd be kind of like winning. So losing 4-0, while technically fits inside my expectation, Argentina just ran a clinic last night. And that goal off the free kick by Messi was a thing of absolute beauty. We still got the third place game Saturday though, and it'd be kind of cool to play Colombia, who we lost to 0-2 earlier in the tournament.

zimbra

Quote from: gah on June 22, 2016, 10:34:05 AM
I dunno, I was thinking yesterday that as long as we don't lose 5-0 that'd be kind of like winning. So losing 4-0, while technically fits inside my expectation, Argentina just ran a clinic last night. And that goal off the free kick by Messi was a thing of absolute beauty. We still got the third place game Saturday though, and it'd be kind of cool to play Colombia, who we lost to 0-2 earlier in the tournament.

I agree, the free kick by Messi was perfection.  My close friend dates a Colombian so we watch games with her friends a lot.  They are a lively bunch & huge soccer fans so it's always a blast.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

khalpin

I have to say, the World Cup has been happily filling the void in my sport-watching life with hockey and football in the off-season.  I took a quiz here for the hell of it and got Switzerland: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

I have to say, that Switzerland/Serbia game was fun as hell to watch.  Cross post to the Phone it in Friday thread...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: khalpin on June 22, 2018, 04:17:20 PM
I have to say, the World Cup has been happily filling the void in my sport-watching life with hockey and football in the off-season.  I took a quiz here for the hell of it and got Switzerland: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

I have to say, that Switzerland/Serbia game was fun as hell to watch.  Cross post to the Phone it in Friday thread...

Could not agree more. i've watched more matches this year than any previous.
It's been entertaining to say the least.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jedifunk

this has been a surprisingly fun cup to watch.

lots of entertaining games (not france v denmark) ...

not having a horse in the race has made every game fun to watch.

loving belgium, but don't think they have it in them to win it. 

best i can guess is someone from: brazil, france, spain because winners win
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
- Trey Anastasio

Buffalo Budd

I've tuned in to more games than I ever have in past WCs.
France is looking pretty solid as is Uruguay.
Croatia is the big surprise for me.
Stoked for Saturday.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Having games on all day during the group stages and now having 2 games a day now has been awful for my work productivity. I've been setting up a TV and stream in a communal space at work - great WC so far.

Buffalo Budd

I've just avoided all coverage during the day and then tune in for the rerun each night on SN.

mattstick