News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/17 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by PhishPhan, August 18, 2011, 01:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

My gripe would be that, given their obvious in-the-zone-ness of the previous nights, why they would ditch on a chance for Ghost jamming.  I'm just not sure I understand at all why they would do that.  Same with Caspian... the jams in Caspian have been way neat lately. 

I mean, i think they were going for a 2/20/93 deal, but....  i donno
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jedifunk

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 18, 2011, 03:54:20 PM
My gripe would be that, given their obvious in-the-zone-ness of the previous nights, why they would ditch on a chance for Ghost jamming.  I'm just not sure I understand at all why they would do that.  Same with Caspian... the jams in Caspian have been way neat lately. 

i would say to not think like this... since i don't think the band is thinking like this.

in their mind they didn't "miss a chance" for ghost jamming...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

G. Augusto

Quote from: jedifunk on August 18, 2011, 04:00:20 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 18, 2011, 03:54:20 PM

i would say to not think like this... since i don't think the band is thinking like this.

in their mind they didn't "miss a chance" for ghost jamming...

Trey didn't wanna forget all those HI-larious keywords, so they just moved on before it was too late.

mistercharlie

The energy in that place was awesome last night. Gin was nice as was all the 'still waiting'. Could've done without Sleep, but had a damned blastrockin' Page Side high with the paug crew. We could see Terry taping from our seats and tried to wave him down a few times.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on August 18, 2011, 03:06:51 AM
Quote from: anthrax on August 18, 2011, 02:54:11 AM
wow.  i am completely satisfied after that run.  what a great summer!  back to reality tomorrow.

Nice to meet you, bud!

Nice to meet you too!

runawayjimbo

Your pull sounds great so far, MBW. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate tagged files. Nice job.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 18, 2011, 10:30:12 PM
Your pull sounds great so far, MBW. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate tagged files. Nice job.

thanks man!  i'm more than happy with it.  enjoy!

Caravan2001

Cranking MBW's source right now...It rules and this Crosseyed is rad.....some great playing by Trey.....I think this whole run is super solid...Sure they played some abbreviated versions but I think this is a good show and I would not have left it disappointed in any way if I had attended.....

Caravan2001

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 18, 2011, 10:38:51 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 18, 2011, 10:30:12 PM

thanks man!  i'm more than happy with it.  enjoy!

Actually, the only thing bad about this pull is that it makes me jonesed that you didn't tape the first two nights....Been lazy and just dl'ing LP releases this whole summer.....I have to go back and search out some good auds for the other two nights and some of the other shows this summer.....listening to your pull reminds me that I have always preferred audience sources...I especially am enjoying the quiet parts like the part between Crosseyed and No Quarter and Sleep......

ytowndan

I'm cranking your recording right now, T!  Sounds great!   :beers:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Marmar

wow...they finally put together a decent run!  :clap:

really....all 3 nites are fairly decent......awesome song selections, above average execution, and (gasp) I actually feel for once that music was actually created....

Bravo boys......now just build on it from here and things will be VERY good in the future......oh wait, its the tour closer....

here's to next year!

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Gumbo72203

theres still Colorado, though!!!

i'm wondering if the whole anti-jam/Crosseyed 2nd set is a statement to the fans.......  have you guys noticed that they finally screen and edit the LP show 'review' area?

i mean, as of yesterday, these shows only had like, 1 or 2 pages of comments.....
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jedifunk

why does the band need to make a "statement" to the fans.  do you honestly think the band reads any of those comments?

if anything, someone from the team at large probably pulls 5-10 stupid/funny ass quotes from the comments and then they read a few and have a good laugh at all the idiots posting stupid shit.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio