News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

*NBA playoffs*

Started by VA $l!m, May 04, 2005, 01:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitaki

i agree on seven games.
i just wish sheed would stop gaurenteeing games cause he's going to eat those words one of these days.
Everybody knows that wooks can't play chess.

ucusty

indy looked god awful today, gave home court and the momentium back to the pistons...  we'll see what happens on tuesday,  miami looks way too tough and shaq isnt 100%

VA $l!m

damn, this year's playoffs is all over the freakin' place!
esp. w/ all the injuries /players not at 100% health.

round 2: all the series now even at two a piece!
---except the heat of course, which with shaq's health in question , i guess will know after he gets ~ 2 weeks rest if he's going to be able to make an impact when he starts the next round...
if he was 100%-i would put my money on them, but considering he's probably going to be 75% at BEST... that evens the playing field out a bit... i'm also really supprised at the scrappyness of the sonics taking two games from san antonio, esp. with all the injuries in their (seatle's)lineup.
fun playoffs though, really wide open, a gambler's nightmare...any of the remaining teams could beat the others on a given night!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ucusty

stick a fork in indy they are done.  reggie had a sick career!
hats off to detroit! maybe the pacers have one more win in them!
detroit vs miami is gonna be a war!

VA $l!m

-it ain't over... ...until spike lee does his imitation of reggie miller choking himself!! :wink:

VA $l!m

goodbye reggie!
see ya!! :D

detroit vs. miami:
gonna be a great series...all depends on how healthy shaq is.

sonics go down, but not w/out a fight!--take san anton through a tough series , and played hard w/out their 2nd and 3rd leading scorers!

suns/dallas?-going 7?...good series...stackhouse keeping dallas in it...steve nash playing incredible.

STILL, no clear cut fav.!; espec. if suns make it to play SA, killer final four!

VA $l!m

round 2 over.
pheonix comes back from 16 down w/4 min left and beats dallas in ot...nash just put together one of the best 3 consecutive playoff game stretches ever.
1 and 2 seeds in both conferences in conf finals--nice
should be a killer final four.
no predictions,; too many variables ,; four solid teams.
can't wait!- personally.

VA $l!m

today's thoughts:
trying to decide which team has the most dysfunctionally displaced nomenclature...
la lakers (fr.-minnesota)
utah jazz (fr.-new orleans)

jedifunk

ooh, tough one.  but being that i live in MN now, i'd like to ask that the LA Bryants send us back our namesake.

by the way, i think i like the suns... vs. detroit
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

conference finals , game 1:
shaq was shakey...detroit looked like they were on a mission...
phoenix is going to have to bring it to beat san anton...

kitaki

pistons are playing again tonite. i hope they come home two and o.
i'd love to see them play san antonio in the finals.
Everybody knows that wooks can't play chess.

VA $l!m

damn sanantonio is looking tough...
i mean there team has only gotten better since they won two years ago...w/ adding players like b. barry , big dog robinson,; and w/ ginobli turning into one incredible player after leading argentina to the gold medal...and w/ a healthy t. duncan(& t. parker)...sh-- , if they play up to their potential , they're roster is loaded!

detroit better not waste much energy beating miami if they want a chance; plus i think SA gets home court over them if they play.

ucusty

yea the only team that could beat the spurs is the heat.

VA $l!m

gutsy effort by phoenix tonite!!
if you saw the game the last few minutes were classic nba>>
amare blocking duncan's shot was one of the best plays i've ever seen.
too bad joe johnson didnt plat the 1st two games of this series, i think his absence really hurt the depth of their rotation and their confidence early on , but ever since the red sox last year , i'll never completely count out a team down three -0 in a 7 game series again.

shaq looked much healthier yesterday, --he sats his hip is~75% healed now; looks like we got ouselves a series in the east!!

VA $l!m

FINALS are set.
It took injuries to the entire starting lineup of miami , but Detroit is back to defend the title>
Rasheed-YESindeed!!...did anyone else see him on the post game w/ the wrestling champion belt , LOL!

Detroit better buckle down if they want a chance; and need to look to steal one early in san antonio , who has the killer home court record.
we'll see... detroit is healthy ; no predictions , i'm backing detroit 100% though.
i think it will be to detroit's advantage if they play bad boy style rough w/ the pretty boys of the spurs>>i hope prince knocks ginobli on his ass a few times; same w/ billups vs. parker.