News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

BFV trailer-- looks amazing as usual, and big suprise massive hate from the web for having a female soldier in it. god forbid, ya know it will effect gameplay o so much (sarcasm)

TBH im 100x more hyped about the game after hearing about all the changes their making to the franchise... and they didnt add Battle royal, go figure!
i honestly was considering i might skip this BF for the first time in over a decade but it really sounds like the are changing up the whole formula in some real interesting ways . Likek adding base building/support clases and specializations and limited health/ammo regen etc to promote more deliberate skilled team play and less respawn COD madness.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

wow, so bethesda takes every1 off guard and announces a new fallout game... no starfield apparently, and its going to be...multiplayer.  no deets yet,  Heh, who knows battle royal fallout? hmmm...
most likely more of a coop destiny type situation im guessing. should be interesting to hear more @ e3.

emay

Pokemon Switch game is going to be a big one at E3 too. Multiplayer, pokeball controller, similar battling to the gameboy ones.
Saw the new Fallout announcement...hmm...meh.

About to get God of War tomorrow.
Got The Witcher 3 and NieR: Automata coming from amazon with my school book so I should be set for the summer lol.

VA $l!m

actually now some leaks are saying that Fallout 76 will be multiplayer survival game comaprable to RUSt apparently.

tet

ok i'm pretty psyched, i just found out a couple of weeks ago that my library has a wide array of games available for loan, completely free of course.  been playing Forza Horizon 3 for a bit, and about to bring that back since they just got my next requested title, BF II!  Looking forward to finally checking that out later tonight.  I'm sure I have about 50 gigs of updates to download, but any tips on what I should do first, considering I'm likely only going to have it for the next 2 weeks or so?  I don't care much about power-leveling, but also don't want to be crushed like the n00b i am...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on June 01, 2018, 03:06:28 PM
ok i'm pretty psyched, i just found out a couple of weeks ago that my library has a wide array of games available for loan, completely free of course.  been playing Forza Horizon 3 for a bit, and about to bring that back since they just got my next requested title, BF II!  Looking forward to finally checking that out later tonight.  I'm sure I have about 50 gigs of updates to download, but any tips on what I should do first, considering I'm likely only going to have it for the next 2 weeks or so?  I don't care much about power-leveling, but also don't want to be crushed like the n00b i am...
battlefront? hmmm with just 2 weeks i say do a little of everything and just check it all out.
only things worth skipping are the small infantry modes. dont bother with Blast/Strike. campaign is cool, but dunno how worth it it would be to finish it if your on borrowed time.

Some starfighter assualt is fun without much experience. so is hero v villians, and then just suck it up and play the main mode- galactic assualt.
toughest part about starting in Galactic assault is the guns you start off with sorta suck. other than that dont stress about starcards, and just use your battlepoints to get whatever reinforcments you can like wookies, vehicles, etc for somer power up action.

tet

Quote from: VA $l!m on June 01, 2018, 09:42:34 PM
battlefront? hmmm with just 2 weeks i say do a little of everything and just check it all out.
only things worth skipping are the small infantry modes. dont bother with Blast/Strike. campaign is cool, but dunno how worth it it would be to finish it if your on borrowed time.

Some starfighter assualt is fun without much experience. so is hero v villians, and then just suck it up and play the main mode- galactic assualt.
toughest part about starting in Galactic assault is the guns you start off with sorta suck. other than that dont stress about starcards, and just use your battlepoints to get whatever reinforcments you can like wookies, vehicles, etc for somer power up action.

ok cool, thank you - starfighter is a lot of fun actually, it's not easy but once you get the hang of the controls, especially on the Interceptor, you can do some serious damage.  bring me back to the days of TIE-FIGHTER!  Anyway, I've been doing a lot of galactic assault, and mainly on the Officer - i like the support roles like that, but using the starter pistol still is kinda annoying.  does he ever unlock anything with a scope??  wondering what level i have to be for that - i'm only 8!  been trying to use the specials when i get enough points, which is not often, but playing as Kylo or Luke is pretty neat.

the graphics are absolutely sick btw - sound design is awesome on my 5.1 system too.  can only imagine how good this looks on the X in 4k with HDR...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on June 04, 2018, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on June 01, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

ok cool, thank you - starfighter is a lot of fun actually, it's not easy but once you get the hang of the controls, especially on the Interceptor, you can do some serious damage.  bring me back to the days of TIE-FIGHTER!  Anyway, I've been doing a lot of galactic assault, and mainly on the Officer - i like the support roles like that, but using the starter pistol still is kinda annoying.  does he ever unlock anything with a scope??  wondering what level i have to be for that - i'm only 8!  been trying to use the specials when i get enough points, which is not often, but playing as Kylo or Luke is pretty neat.

the graphics are absolutely sick btw - sound design is awesome on my 5.1 system too.  can only imagine how good this looks on the X in 4k with HDR...
officers second gun actually has a scope, its a single shot hand cannon w/ big range/damage,  but seeing as 99% of the time you should be playing in 3rd person its sorta pointless. i mean you can zoom in every now and then if you want and snipe with it, but for the most part just ADS in 3rd person is the way to go.
but yeah, i had a friend start playing about a month ago and it reminded me how much of a handicap starting with the 1st tier guns are vs people fully ranked. not much you can do but grind it out and stick in groups where you dont have to 1v1 peeople down.

ps- w/ starfighter assualt make sure you have the advanced flight control or whatever its called setting ont he one that doesnt auto level your ship to the horizon. having full 360 control makes it much better. cant remember if they changed how the setting is defaulted now. used to be the auto level one.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

W00t! great start to e3 for me.
- EA press conference just announced pretty much everything asked for by the battlefront community is coming this year.
for starters if u didnt kno next week we are getting new map/mode for solo dlc- extraction mode fro mlast game and it wa spretty good mode.

THIS year though-- CLone Wars with multiple maps including Geonosis. 4 heros- Grevious, Ob1, anakin and dooku, and a Large scale sandbox capture point mode ala Conquest!  :banana:

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on June 09, 2018, 02:32:33 PM
W00t! great start to e3 for me.
- EA press conference just announced pretty much everything asked for by the battlefront community is coming this year.
for starters if u didnt kno next week we are getting new map/mode for solo dlc- extraction mode fro mlast game and it wa spretty good mode.

THIS year though-- CLone Wars with multiple maps including Geonosis. 4 heros- Grevious, Ob1, anakin and dooku, and a Large scale sandbox capture point mode ala Conquest!  :banana:

After seeing Solo last night, one of my first thoughts was of locations that they could add.

Bobafett

FWIW, I look here for any important video game news more than anywhere else!   Thanks slim
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

PS from EA yesterday- both Anthem and BF5 showed gameplay. anthem pretty much what we expected... Bf5 gameplay looks good, and they did sorta say there will be BR now...but more footage to be doled out over the next few days.  Neither really knocked my socks off YET.

BEthesda pressie today. i'm super pumped. gonna be interesting.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

welp, Bethesda slayed it.
Both Starfield and Elder Scrolls confirmed in development, but HOLY FUCK FALLOUT 76  :rawk:
gawdamm that shit was like the first time in ages i got goosebumps seeing a new game.
like that Oh shit this might be perfection type feeling.
was hoping it was gonna insta release on 7-6 like rumored, but at least its this year... and theres a beta... hopefully a console one.
Man, that shit got me pumped.