News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rick Perry

Started by VDB, August 16, 2011, 09:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on August 17, 2011, 12:45:25 PM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/rick-perry-climate-change-is-a-hoax-drummed-up-by-scientists-looking-to-make-money.php?ref=fpa

Quote"I do believe the issue of global warming has been politicized."

And who better to say so than the guy who likes to pepper his stump speeches with anti-climate-change rants...  :roll:
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Undermind

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sls.stormyrider

Former GOP Treasury official calls Perry an 'idiot'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/19/idiot-jab-lobbed-at-perry/
Quote'Idiot' jab lobbed at Perry
   By: CNN Producer Gabriella Schwarz
(CNN) - Former Treasury official Bruce Bartlett labeled newly-minted Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry "an idiot" Friday.
Bartlett, who served at Treasury under former President George H.W. Bush and as a domestic policy adviser to the late President Ronald Reagan, delivered the choice words to the Texas Gov. in reference to his recent comments about Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

"Rick Perry's an idiot, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that," Bartlett said Friday on CNN's "American Morning."
Perry sparked controversy when he said Bernanke would be "treasonous" if he printed more money to stimulate the economy before the 2012 election.
"I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion," Perry said Monday in Iowa. He stood by his comments Tuesday.
Bartlett said the politics at the Federal Reserve are a serious problem and in part blamed U.S. presidents, who he said have historically not focused their energies on the bank.
"He [Obama] has had open seats on the fed almost his entire presidency and I think that this sends a signal that he just doesn't care very much about what the fed does," Bartlett said.
Despite serving in Republican administrations, Bartlett is no stranger to GOP criticism, particularly of former President George W. Bush.
Bartlett's 2006 book "Imposter: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy" accused the administration of departing from conservative economic principles. More recently he attributed the economic recession to the former president and Republican Party.
Team Perry did not immediately respond for a request for comment.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

"Bank of America. We'll help you out."

runawayjimbo

Stating the obvious, but hilarious nonetheless. Still, it could backfire: remember the prevailing "I'd like to have a beer with him" sentiment that propelled W to victory over Kerry?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/rick-perry-college-transcript_n_919357.html

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds

WASHINGTON -- As governor of Texas, Rick Perry has pursued a controversial agenda that would gut Texas' vaunted public university system in favor of something that more closely resembles a business.

As the Washington Post reported on Thursday, professors have been ranked according to how profitable they were to the university. Previous reports suggested Perry wanted to treat students as "customers" and tie teacher bonuses to anonymous student evaluations.

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Perry also did poorly on classes within his animal science major. In fall semester 1970, he received a D in veterinary anatomy, a F in a second course on organic chemistry and a C in animal breeding. He did get an A in world military systems and "Improv. of Learning" -- his only two As while at A&M.

"A&M wasn't exactly Harvard on the Brazos River," recalled a Perry classmate in an interview with The Huffington Post. "This was not the brightest guy around. We always kind of laughed. He was always kind of a joke."

A spokesperson for the governor recently told the Texas Tribune that the university "helped shape who he is today." The governor's office did not return a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

You can read Perry's transcript below:
Rick Perry's Texas A&M Transcript
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on August 22, 2011, 03:39:46 PM
C in gym, LOL.

a C in U.S. History,.... a D in the principles of economics.

even funnier.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Dude was a cheerleader...

Just like W.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 22, 2011, 03:59:46 PM

Just like W.

Yeah, but he was a cheerleader at A&M where that's a big deal... Of course I'm somehow more impressed with W's C average at Yale than Perry's C average at A&M. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 22, 2011, 07:42:03 PM

Just like W.

Yeah, but he was a cheerleader at A&M where that's a big deal... Of course I'm somehow more impressed with W's C average at Yale than Perry's C average at A&M.

You live in Austin, so you're biased.  But you're right.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 22, 2011, 07:42:03 PM

Just like W.

I'm not suggesting anything other than the fact that the dudes were cheerleaders.

Have you hung out with cheerleaders?

They're all bitches, man,

gah

(could've also worked in the political vids/images thread)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

runawayjimbo

That's pretty funny, although I do take issue with the fact they used "printing money" as the prime defense of SS. Ditto with the Treasury bond comment.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.