News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 21, 2013, 10:05:34 AM
Quote from: mbw on January 21, 2013, 09:47:04 AM
15 year old murders entire family.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/20/albuquerque-shooting-2013-new-mexico-teenager_n_2516424.html

i wonder where he got the guns? i'm betting from his super safe home that was loaded with them for extra safety.

...laughs the person that said I LOLed about "dead slaves in unmarked graves"...  Ahh...  the irony...   :-P

sorry, you got the wrong guy.

twatts

Quote from: mbw on January 21, 2013, 10:10:54 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 21, 2013, 10:05:34 AM
Quote from: mbw on January 21, 2013, 09:47:04 AM
15 year old murders entire family.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/20/albuquerque-shooting-2013-new-mexico-teenager_n_2516424.html

i wonder where he got the guns? i'm betting from his super safe home that was loaded with them for extra safety.

...laughs the person that said I LOLed about "dead slaves in unmarked graves"...  Ahh...  the irony...   :-P

sorry, you got the wrong guy.

Did I?  My bad...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mbw

twatts

Quote from: mbw on January 30, 2013, 03:44:24 PM
guy shoots up office building:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57566719-504083/arizona-office-shooting-update-3-injured-multiple-rounds-fired-in-shooting-attack-report-says/

the weird thing is, just yesterday the guy was a responsible gun owner.

Someone left this comment and I thought it was funny:

A shooting a day takes your gun rights away.

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

runawayjimbo

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57566719-504083/arizona-office-shooting-update-3-injured-multiple-rounds-fired-in-shooting-attack-report-says/

That is weird. It's just too bad Democrats don't have the stones to pass the assault weapons ban or else tragedies like this could easily be avoided.

Also, I hope they throw the book at this goddamn punk.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/hyannis-5-year-old-threatened-with-suspension-for-making-gun-out-of-legos/

Hyannis 5-Year-Old Threatened With Suspension For Making Gun Out Of Legos

HYANNIS (CBS) – A mother says her 5-year-old boy was threatened with suspension after he made a gun out of Legos during an after school program.

Sheila Cruz received a written warning recently about her son from the after school staff at the Hyannis West Elementary School because he had been using toys inappropriately.

While Cruz thought her son Joseph Cardosa was just being a kid, she said school administrators called his actions a threat.

"I was given a book and they told me he's going to be suspended if he does it again and to sign here," Cruz told WBZ NewsRadio 1030 Tuesday. "I just couldn't believe it. He's 5-years-old."

Joseph's parents called the school principal but were given the same warning.

"'I said listen, he's a 5-year-old, I think maybe a redirection would be more appropriate. I understand what's going on with this whole thing in schools and everything else but couldn't they have given him a warning?' " Cruz said.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

sls.stormyrider

we live in a fucking sick society.

those people in Hyannis are doing more to help the gun lobby than LaPierre
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on January 30, 2013, 08:31:33 PM
those people in Hyannis are doing more to help the gun lobby than LaPierre

Don't forget about the PA school district that called a 5 yr old a terrorist and suspended her for 10 days for saying she was going to shoot two other girls with her Hello Kitty bubble gun. Or the not one but two cases of 5-6 yo boys in MD who were suspended for making gun gestures with their fingers while playing cops and robbers.

Of course, neither side has the market on stupidity cornered: dickbag extraordinaire Lamar Alexander today said "video games are a bigger problem than guns."

Hicks

With Arizona's lax gun laws I don't see how the suspect could have possibly gotten away.   Maybe they need to start requiring each and every person to carry a gun. 

You know what they say, you can lead a horse to readily available assault weapons, but you can't make him take out an armed lunatic. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on January 30, 2013, 11:18:31 PM

With Arizona's lax gun laws I don't see how the suspect could have possibly gotten away.   Maybe they need to start requiring each and every person to carry a gun. 

You know what they say, you can lead a horse to readily available assault weapons, but you can't make him take out an armed lunatic.

speaking of armed lunatics, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, 1 in 4 Americans suffer from a mental disorder.  1 in 17 suffer from a serious mental illness.  With about 30-50% US households having at least one gun in the house, that's a lot of armed lunatics.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on January 30, 2013, 11:34:55 PM

speaking of armed lunatics, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, 1 in 4 Americans suffer from a mental disorder.  1 in 17 suffer from a serious mental illness.  With about 30-50% US households having at least one gun in the house, that's a lot of armed lunatics.

Wow, that's a lot of Americans suffering from mental illness you just shit on by assuming they are inherently more prone to violence than the general population. And the whole lunatic thing.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 30, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

Wow, that's a lot of Americans suffering from mental illness you just shit on by assuming they are inherently more prone to violence than the general population. And the whole lunatic thing.

i didn't shit on anyone.  obviously the lunatic thing was a joke, relax dude.  i forgot i was the first one to bring up metal illness in relation to gun violence.   :roll:

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 30, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

:roll:

Gundo

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 30, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

Also, I hope they throw the book at this goddamn punk.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/hyannis-5-year-old-threatened-with-suspension-for-making-gun-out-of-legos/

Hyannis 5-Year-Old Threatened With Suspension For Making Gun Out Of Legos

HYANNIS (CBS) – A mother says her 5-year-old boy was threatened with suspension after he made a gun out of Legos during an after school program.

Sheila Cruz received a written warning recently about her son from the after school staff at the Hyannis West Elementary School because he had been using toys inappropriately.

While Cruz thought her son Joseph Cardosa was just being a kid, she said school administrators called his actions a threat.

"I was given a book and they told me he's going to be suspended if he does it again and to sign here," Cruz told WBZ NewsRadio 1030 Tuesday. "I just couldn't believe it. He's 5-years-old."

Joseph's parents called the school principal but were given the same warning.

"'I said listen, he's a 5-year-old, I think maybe a redirection would be more appropriate. I understand what's going on with this whole thing in schools and everything else but couldn't they have given him a warning?' " Cruz said.
I was suspended from school for four days back in the 5th grade for having a homemade "pen-shooter". Basically this little contraption could shoot an ink cartridge about 5ft. It was actually a pretty fantastic deal. My parents were more angry with the school and I got 4 days off to watch Boy Meets World "Shawn goes on Tour".