News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/10 - Harvey's Outdoor Theatre- Lake Tahoe, NV - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 11, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2011, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: sophist on August 11, 2011, 03:20:42 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2011, 02:14:15 PM
German is the language of hate though.    :wink:
Larry:  it's nice to be affectionate to something German, you don't get to do that often.

Jews driving German cars; what the cock is that shit?

It's the opposite of FUBU.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 11, 2011, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 11, 2011, 04:57:27 PM
i'm sure that was a paraphrase, if it was even mentioned at all...which I doubt.

verbatim.

LOL.
2010. The year Phish fans turned on Phish.
2011. The year Phish turned on Phish fans.
If both sides remain persistent, then we may do away with the scene altogether in 2012. Should be good times.

Looking forward to hearing the show.
:phish:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Superfreakie

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 11, 2011, 05:58:23 PM
2010. The year Phish fans turned on Phish.
2011. The year Phish turned on Phish fans.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Watch out, Mike might post a message on his phone.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

G. Augusto

Waiting for Mike's message on how the band doesn't realize when they repeat songs.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 11, 2011, 06:19:05 PM
Waiting for Mike's message on how the band doesn't realize when they repeat songs.
I've wanted to ask this for awhile now, is it because the band has such a huge repertoire now that we harp on that because they were doing the same thing back in the early 90's?  Or is it their choice in songs to repeat like Possum and covers like C&P and Boogie On?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 11, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
I've wanted to ask this for awhile now, is it because the band has such a huge repertoire now that we harp on that because they were doing the same thing back in the early 90's?  Or is it their choice in songs to repeat like Possum and covers like C&P and Boogie On?

The band spoiled us in 98-00 with very deep rotations IMO.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2011, 06:31:11 PM

True enough.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

G. Augusto

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 11, 2011, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2011, 06:31:11 PM

True enough.

And deep jams.

kellerb

I think the band is working off a songlist right now instead of a setlist--they compile a list of songs they might want to play each night, and then they audible (mostly) off that list during the show.  So it seems like it would be easy to just take songs off the list that have been played in the last 2-4 shows.  Maybe they're doing that and still calling Possum anyway, or maybe Possum always gets added to the list.

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on August 11, 2011, 06:42:39 PM

I think the band is working off a songlist right now instead of a setlist--they compile a list of songs they might want to play each night, and then they audible (mostly) off that list during the show.  So it seems like it would be easy to just take songs off the list that have been played in the last 2-4 shows.  Maybe they're doing that and still calling Possum anyway, or maybe Possum always gets added to the list.

during the webcast, when the camera man swung down at Trey's pedals, the teleprompter had a set list on it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 11, 2011, 06:59:04 PM

during the webcast, when the camera man swung down at Trey's pedals, the teleprompter had a set list on it.

The lists I've seen have 30-40 songs to choose from, definitely more than they would play in a normal show.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on August 11, 2011, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 11, 2011, 06:59:04 PM

The lists I've seen have 30-40 songs to choose from, definitely more than they would play in a normal show.

they clearly discuss what to play before just about every song though, so, yeah, they have a song list, not a setlist.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 11, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
front and center with jphishman, wtu, myself and anthrax.

the dance party continued at the Melvin Seals and JGB band show, which was sweet, btw...

tahoe couldnt be a more beautiful place.  teh balm vacation so far...

Dave A`bear, the new lead guitarist is a really good friend of mine... Has been playing in a local Dead cover band here in the Phoenix area for years and years... He is one of our treasured saviors of bringing quality fun loving music to our ears here in valley, which constantly gets blown off by many performers... So glad for him to get this opportunity to play with Melvin Seals and Jim Tebeau... He also filled in for Stu last year at the Schwag festy...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

mbw

i talked to some dude from phoenix who said he was good friends of his too.  you probably know him.
didnt catch his name.

eta: pretty great performer.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 11, 2011, 09:20:26 PM
i talked to some dude from phoenix who said he was good friends of his too.  you probably know him.
didnt catch his name.

eta: pretty great performer.

Yeah.. I probably know who were talking too, it was one of two people that made the trip up to the Gorge and they hit these two shows to complete a nice round trip... wish I could have went, especially for the first night, it looks so charming on paper, didn't get a chance to listen to it yet. I did the stream for this show, it was pretty cool... Glad you had a good time!! 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ