News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Caddyshack vs. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

O Brother, Where Art Thou? is one on my favorite movies. The Coen brothers put some of their finest comedic dialogue into it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

phil

this is a tough one.

wait, who am I kidding? I once watched caddyshack nine times in one week (I was sick and missed a week of school. it was a great week)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mehead

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 04:59:27 AM
O Brother, Where Art Thou? is one on my favorite movies. The Coen brothers put some of their finest comedic dialogue into it.

yup and has a killer soundtrack too
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Quote from: mehead on May 08, 2012, 09:17:47 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 04:59:27 AM

yup and has a killer soundtrack too

QFT

barnesy305

Caddyshack has boobs and a Baby Ruth fronting as a turd.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Multibeast12

sls.stormyrider

This is another one of those pairings: I suppose the film school critique would be Oh Brother (which I loved), but Caddyshack was just more fun.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."