News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

any free email suggestions?

Started by VA $l!m, November 02, 2012, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

so i have some issues with my current email and im thinking the easiest solution would be to just close the thing up somehow since i really don't have any 'serious' contacts that i use it for.
i guess i might have to contact some sort of support... ugh, god knows how i'd do that, but figured i'd ask here if anyone knew hotmail good enough to give me some tips.

the main reason i'm tryin to do this is b/c i think that since the PS3 hack a year and a half ago that someone has been using my address.
i'm sorta assuming my email got ripped from PSN int eh hack b/c it was the only thing i had on there thankfully since i had removed my CC #s b4 it happened.
i heard afterwards emails were definitely taken, though i didnt think anything of it until i started seeing junk from MMOs saying i was reported for selling online accounts... definitely sounds like something a hacker would use emails for.

anyway, i was too lazy the first year to notice or use the PS3 identity theft stuff they offered. they might still hook me up, but im not really concerned as i cant see any other problems stemming from someone just using my email to register stuff with.
i figure i should just close it down and that would take care of things.

any thoughts? thx.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

I took this quote from the hotmail 'Terms' page.  I hope it helps.

Quote4.3. How can I terminate the services?

You may terminate the services at any time and for any reason. You can do this by going to your Account webpage (https://account.live.com) and following the account closure process. To cancel a paid portion of the services, see section 9.10. If you are canceling your services, the quickest means of eliminating your content on the services is to manually remove it from the various components of the services (for example, manually delete your email). However, please note that while content you have deleted or that is associated with a closed account may not be accessible to you, it may still remain on our systems for a period of time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 02, 2012, 08:46:11 PM
I took this quote from the hotmail 'Terms' page.  I hope it helps.

Quote4.3. How can I terminate the services?

You may terminate the services at any time and for any reason. You can do this by going to your Account webpage (https://account.live.com) and following the account closure process. To cancel a paid portion of the services, see section 9.10. If you are canceling your services, the quickest means of eliminating your content on the services is to manually remove it from the various components of the services (for example, manually delete your email). However, please note that while content you have deleted or that is associated with a closed account may not be accessible to you, it may still remain on our systems for a period of time.

thanks man, i swear i looked forever tryin to find somethin like that myself. appreciate the assist man!

VA $l!m

:changed title of thread:

does anyone prefer any other free emails to hotmail?

need to decide on a new one.

thanks.

mbw

do people pay for email??

get a gmail account dude.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 16, 2012, 11:33:16 AM
do people pay for email??

get a gmail account dude.

I paid yahoo 20 bucks to pop to my gmail account.  I didn't renew it this year and it still works. 

Gmail is where its at!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

khalpin

Question, as my wife uses Gmail and I hate it.  Can you change it so that a string of e-mails don't show up as a thread?  So maybe you can save just one e-mail and delete  the rest and not delete the entire "conversation"?

twatts

Quote from: khalpin on November 16, 2012, 01:05:43 PM
Question, as my wife uses Gmail and I hate it.  Can you change it so that a string of e-mails don't show up as a thread?  So maybe you can save just one e-mail and delete  the rest and not delete the entire "conversation"?

Yes, you can go through and delete individual emails out of a thread.  I hated the thread thing at first, but I like it now...  You get used to it I suppose...

And yeah, gmail is the way to go...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment