News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W15: 07-11-2000 Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Started by jephrey, August 20, 2006, 10:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

i figured it out... the new upload thingy isnt as complete as the old one was... now you upload the torrent and then have to edit the torrent to get all the settings right... such as getting Phish listed correctly (as cat=5) and adding the torrent name, and DB link...  kind stupid if you ask me.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

1.  Ya Mar.  VERY nice version.  The jam was really cool
2.  Moma.  One of my favorite songs.  I like how Mike's bassline sounds in this version.  Nothing crazy, but nice and tight
3.  Uncle Pen.  good
4.  Drowned.  Nice.  And the chalkdust sounding jam is neat, going right into
5.  Chalkdust.  The somewhat of a reprise at the beginning is SOOOO fun.  You can tell they're having some fun with it up there.  This is really cool going into a very energetic chalkdust.  And a good one taboot.  Man this is fun.
6.  theme.  I liked this one.  This song just got better and better over time.  This was a really good version.
7.  Cavern.  typical set closer.  Can trey nail the lyrics?  Of course not.

Set 2
1.  2001.  This and Tweezer make awesome set openers.  Nice boomerang sound fx into it.  Killer middle jam segment.  I know why I like this show so much now.  This is a great 2001!
2.  DWD...  YES!  I can feel a tight jam coming on as the first notes are being played.  Even more energy.  The crowd is loving it.  And then into Moby Dick and back to the closing theme.  I'm not in love with the jam, but it was quality, and intense.
3.  Jim.  This set is looking really good.  Really digging this version then back to Moby Dick!!!  Sweet, the crowd goes wild.
4.  Train.  I love this tune, I just wish it had been really jammed out at some point.  This one is definitely of the better half.  A nice little groove.  Trey's doing some cool stuff during the jam.  Kinda lost it after the return from Moby Dick (3rd appearance)
5.  Hood.  I love the Moby Dick teases in the beginning.  Mike makes it sound really cool, and it's a good intro altogether.  The eerie piano is also cool.  More Moby Dick at the end >
6.  Terrapin.  I like Fishman tunes and he was having fun this night as Russel Crowe.  And more Moby Dick.
7.  Character 0.  Definitely a set based around fishman.  Typical closer
e1. First tube.  I liked this song more when it first came out, this version is sweet.  intense.  of course followed by Moby Dick again
e2.  Chalkdust.  They seem really happy and the crowd is lovin' it.   

I just kinda guessed for this pick and I'm happy with it.  I'm going with a solid 4.4 which translates to a straight A.  A little more funk would have floored me, but there are some great spots all around.  And the show was SO damn fun.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

I listened to this show for like a week straight when I mixed the ALD/SBD with the AUD.  I swear I know every note of the DWD.

susep

Not as familiar w/ this one as 10&12July>should be interesting, I think this show won them a Jammy for show of the year back in '01.

cactusfan

i listened to this a lot back when i first started trading for shows in '01.

a bunch of good stuff.

love the moma, the drowned that leads into the beautiful chalkdust jam, the theme is nice, and the second set is a lot of fun, even if half the time they can't quite figure out how to actually play moby dick.

love the moby dick teases in hood.

and the first tube is one of my favorites. it smokes, the moby dick at the end is great, and i really love the pause at the 1 minute mark. i don't think that pause is in any other version and it works great.

this is about as over the radar a show as could be selected, but i suppose the only rule for the show of the week is that there are no rules. hm. which rule actually negates itself. uh oh. i've dived into sneaky logical waters. damn!

and yeah-- cool pick. thanks!

August

Torture?!

Yamar-i think Yamar has appeared the most in out little club!anyway, i always say, great first set summer song.both appearances of yamar during that summer were show openers.FYI

Moma-mike has a really big sound that is quite apparant during this.well played and meaty.

UPenn-Drowned-both well played.when was the last time Trey hit that little solo in Drowned?the jam doesnt really get interesting until the 11 min mark.then there is some funky start/stop at the end.

Chalk-with old school torture?! jam.show highlight for me.i used to love this on the fall 94 closer.well played version.

Theme-Cavern-Theme was nice but nothing too great.

2001- always a good set 2 opener.nicely played.am i the only one kinda burnt on 2001, though?i kinda put it in the same category as Sand these days.both are good, but dont really do much.they make you dance, but dont hold up well on tape.IMO

Disease-standard jam>Moby Dick shenanigans...the segue back into DWD is nice, though.

Jim-had a nice delicate jam.liked this one.

GBOTT-really clumsy sounding MD in the middle, and some bad miscommunication back into GBOTT.ehhh....

Hood-nicely played.cant go wrong with a Hood, i guess.

Terrapin-always fun to see a Fish tune at a show.

Zero-pretty rippin version.

Ist Tube-Fish's messup before the second "verse" actually made for a cool recovery!>MD>Torture?! rep.

i have never been a fan of this show.too much on the gimmick side for me.just like worcester 98,the OJ show,Bomb Factory.....dont like those either.
first set was pretty solid, but the second set really brought it down for me.
C

A

bacchist

the 2001 from this show is what i compare all other 2001s to.
Rebuilding...

sophist

^really???

that 2001 is decent but it pales to other ones of 2000 and is hardly a top 5 version imo.  4/4/98 kicks the crap out of it.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

Quote from: phan003 on August 23, 2006, 11:10:07 PM
^really???

that 2001 is decent but it pales to other ones of 2000 and is hardly a top 5 version imo.  4/4/98 kicks the crap out of it.

hey now!
a fan of 4-4!
IMO 2001 should only be one time around....
a

sophist

:lol:

took me a sec, but thats classic.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

yes, i prefer 11/19/97 as my standard by which 2001 is measured....  if for no other reason than the fishman intro beats... i LOVE the way they start that one!

other that i enjoy
12/29/98
11/26/97
9/29/99
9/22/99 (show opener! now thats an entrance)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Quote from: jedifunk on August 23, 2006, 11:23:27 PM
yes, i prefer 11/19/97 as my standard by which 2001 is measured....  if for no other reason than the fishman intro beats... i LOVE the way they start that one!

other that i enjoy
12/29/98
11/26/97
9/29/99
9/22/99 (show opener! now thats an entrance)

I like that intro also,
9/29/99 is by far the sickest 2001 I've heard>its a monster, super-active, tripped out effects.  I call it the Big Cypress version because of its monstrousity.
6Dec.96
26Nov.97
30Dec.03 also warrant repeated listenings :-D

jedifunk

how could i forget cypress... i love that version
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

thelot

jedifunk

yeah, i like that version too... but was trying to limit it... which is obviously hard!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio