News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

ytowndan

QuoteHey ytowndan,
According to what you entered at Phish.net, today is the 20th anniversary of your first Phish show! To help you reminisce about the 20 long years since walking into Star Lake Amphitheatre in 1998, we invite you to visit http://phi.sh/980811 for the setlist and download links.

Yeah, I'm still a n00b compared to most here.  None the less, this makes me feel old. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I meant to post about this show yesterday, but then got drunk and forgot to.  :mrgreen:

This show was a complete blast! And that second set is top to bottom awesome! The dirty funk that comes out of that Cities is one of my all-time favorite jams. I want Fish to wear the black suite he wore on this tour again, I feel it is what carried this pure funk energy in it.

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 08/10/1997
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).
SET 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt, Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood
SET 2: Cities -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie
ENCORE: Cavern

The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike's bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fish on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fish off the drum stool, and Fish picked up Trey's guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease as well as a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 11, 2018, 11:57:45 AM
I meant to post about this show yesterday, but then got drunk and forgot to.  :mrgreen:

This show was a complete blast! And that second set is top to bottom awesome! The dirty funk that comes out of that Cities is one of my all-time favorite jams. I want Fish to wear the black suite he wore on this tour again, I feel it is what carried this pure funk energy in it.

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 08/10/1997
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).
SET 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt, Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood
SET 2: Cities -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie
ENCORE: Cavern

The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike's bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fish on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fish off the drum stool, and Fish picked up Trey's guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease as well as a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam.

Urinating in the fans' ears.

mistercharlie

Best review ever. I wish I still had my copy of the Star with that review in it.

I love having my ears both urinated and robo-sharted into!

You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"

mistercharlie

25 YEARS of PHISH!!!
25 years ago today I saw my first phish show!! Changed my life forever.
QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 08/13/1993
MURAT THEATRE
Indianapolis, IN
Soundcheck: Love Me Two Times, Jam, Ginseng Sullivan
SET 1: Lengthwise > Llama, Makisupa Policeman -> Foam, Stash, Ginseng Sullivan[1] > Fluffhead[2] > My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Horn > David Bowie[3]
SET 2: Buried Alive > Rift > Bathtub Gin -> Ya Mar, Mike's Song > Lifeboy, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg
ENCORE: Amazing Grace[4], Highway to Hell
[1] Trey on acoustic guitar and Fish on Madonna washboard.
[2] Started with Trey on acoustic guitar.
[3] Tritone Down signal.
[4] Without microphones.
Trey teased the Würm portion from Starship Trooper (Yes) on acoustic guitar after Stash. Ginseng featured Trey on acoustic guitar and Fish on Madonna washboard. Fluffhead started with Trey on acoustic guitar. Bowie included jams based on The Mango Song and Magilla, My Favorite Things teases, and a Tritone Down signal. Bathtub Gin included Tequila, Rift, Weekapaug, and China Grove teases as well as a Little Drummer Boy quote from Mike. Mike's Song included Ya Mar quotes from Mike and a Stranglehold (Ted Nugent) quote, while Suzy included a Sweet Home Alabama tease. Amazing Grace was performed without microphones. This show is available as an archival release on LivePhish.com.

And then... 22 years ago today

QuotePHISH, TUESDAY 08/13/1996
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
Soundcheck: Talk (intro, acoustic, x2), Waste (acoustic), Spooky -> Jam
SET 1: Divided Sky, Tube, Tela > Maze, Fast Enough for You > The Old Home Place, Punch You in the Eye, Llama, Glide, Slave to the Traffic Light
SET 2: AC/DC Bag > The Lizards, Mike's Song > Lifeboy > Weekapaug Groove -> Somewhere Over the Rainbow[1], Waste[2], Train Song[2], Strange Design[2], Sweet Adeline, David Bowie
ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey > Rocky Top
[1] Performed solo by Page on theremin.
[2] Performed on acoustic mini-stage.
Page performed Somewhere Over the Rainbow solo on the theremin. Waste through Strange Design were performed on the acoustic mini-stage. Trey played the composed section to Divided Sky over the soundcheck jam. This show was officially released as Live Phish 12.

Annnnd then.... 8 years ago today...

QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 08/13/2010
VERIZON WIRELESS MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
SET 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Axilla, I Didn't Know, Walls of the Cave, Stash, Train Song > Backwards Down the Number Line, Ocelot, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Wilson > Possum
SET 2: Halley's Comet > Light > 46 Days > Maze, Meatstick -> The Mango Song > Fluffhead > Julius
ENCORE: Contact > Slave to the Traffic Light

Trey teased San-Ho-Zay at the end of Halley's. The segue from Meatstick into Mango contained a tease of Dave's Energy Guide from Page.

I have only ever seen Phish in Indiana on my Phishniversary!! I find that to be a strange factoid.

VA $l!m

Would be real sad if you hadn't become a lifer after your 1st show being Murat, lol. GG. :phish:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 13, 2018, 07:52:07 PM
Would be real sad if you hadn't become a lifer after your 1st show being Murat, lol. GG. :phish:

That's what people say about my wife having seen the Went for her first.  :|
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 13, 2018, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on August 13, 2018, 07:52:07 PM

That's what people say about my wife having seen the Went for her first.  :|

Seems vaguely inappropriate that I have to listen to specific Bathtub Gin's to confirm  that other people's wives are occasionally wrong.

rowjimmy

It's Festiversary Week, you guys. Clifford Ball, the Went, LemonWheel, and that one in '04 all have anniversaries this week.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 15, 2018, 08:20:10 AM
It's Festiversary Week, you guys. Clifford Ball, the Went, LemonWheel, and that one in '04 all have anniversaries this week.
Lemonwheel being a nice even 20.
which also means 20 yrs since last time i dropped L  :evil:  (blame the English dude for that one)

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 15, 2018, 02:35:09 PM
which also means 20 yrs since last time i dropped L  :evil:  (blame the English dude for that one)

That was my first time, ha!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 15, 2018, 02:37:02 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on August 15, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

That was my first time, ha!
SYNCHrONICTIY!!!
  ::insert Bill&TEd WHOA! meme here:: 

VA $l!m

was the 'return' announcement like 10 years ago?!?

emay