News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Recipes!

Started by shoreline99, May 29, 2006, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: mattstick on April 29, 2007, 11:46:28 AM
Vector + Vanilla Soy Milk should be illegal.

illegal in the good kind of illegal way i hope you mean.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

jephrey

I love vanilla soymilk.  I love CTC.  I never had them together, but didn't enjoy another cereal with soymilk.  I won't be eating it anytime soon.  I'm 6'1" 215, and I plan on dropping 25lbs by august 30.  Hoping for more like 30-35, but we'll see.

I didn't help myself tonight.  For one of my last hurrahs I made THE one and only authentic chicago dog

1.  Chicago dogs are boiled, and the buns are steamed.
2.  You don't put ketchup on something that has tomatoes on it.
3.  I shy from relish, IMO, justified because I already have a pickle, but that's the only missing ingredient.

So the pics are 1, ingredients (no relish, mustard not shown);  2, my bun-steaming method; and 3, the finished goods.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

*NOTE. 
Buns are S. Rosens
Dogs are vienna beef (although hebrew national and bests kosher work too)
Pickles are Claussen
Sport Peppers (although any will work, are Marconi).  These were hard to find a few years back actually.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

metalzone58

man does that sound good right now :clap:

Igbo

Quote from: VA slim on June 05, 2006, 03:14:41 PM
slim's  :phish: dish:

lots of fish.
chop it all up.
marinade it in Italian dressing.
throw it in aluminum foil.
put it on the grill.
yummy.

:beers:

bro, doesnt the italian dressing flame up on the grill and overcook the fish?

rowjimmy

if the foil coverage is good... shouldn't be a problem

Bobafett

Ok...this is a winner for everyone...
Truffled Pommes Frites with Truffled Aioli

Right, it sounds kinda fru-fru, but it is easy, moderately priced, and the BEST French Fries EVER!!!!!!!!
1 bag oreida 1/4'' cut shoestring fries
1 fry-daddy
1T white truffle oil
1T salt
1 T cracked black pepper
2 T grated parmesean (not powdered!)
1 T chopped fresh herbs (any variety)
1 c. mayo
1/2 c Olive oil
1 T white truffle oil

Fry the fries in the fryer, drain, toss with cheese, truffle oil, s & p eat immediately, b/f your other house guests find out what your doing....

for the Aioli: combine herbs, mayo, olive oil, and truffle oil until smooth............

OMG........try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

jedifunk

mmm, truffles, YUMMY!

i had this last night after not having it for a while... still good as hell.

Quote from: jedifunk on May 29, 2006, 11:10:57 PM
Five-Spice Flank Steak

¾ cup   soy sauce
   ¼ cup   rice vinegar
   2 tbsp   sugar
   2 tbsp   five spice powder
   2 tbsp   minced fresh ginger
   1 tbsp   toasted sesame oil
   5 cloves   garlic
   ½ teasp   asian chile paste, optional
   1½ lb   flank steak
   2 tbsp   toasted sesame seeds
   2 dozen   crisp butter, bibb letuce
   4    scallions cut inch long

Stir together marinade ingredients in a small bowl.  Set aside 2 to 3 tablespoons of marinade.  Place steak in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over it. 
Marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
Let sit at room temp for 30 minutes.  Prepare grill for cooking over high heat.
Grill steak well-seared on the surface but still pink at the center, about 3 - 4 minutes per side.
Let steak sit for 5 minutes, then slice across the grain into 1/4" strips.  Cut strips into thirds.  Toss steak with reserve marinade.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.

Use lettuce leaf, scoop in rice, top with steak.  Wrap up and eat.
-------------------------

another great thread!  this will be stickied!  i love the above recipe!  soooo good!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Bobafett

^^^^^^^^^^^^I wish i had that for breakfast right now!!!! cause i am not feelin up to snuff after those gator tails last night.................my fault....
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Jesso666

Curry Sauce
for Phish or MeatSticks
Yeild 2 gallons so cut it in half if you need
In a large pot
2 TBs olive oil on a medium to high heat
Saute' 3 cups of pre caramelized onions with one Cup minced garlic for 2 to 3 minutes to sweat the garlic
Add 1 cup red curry paste(find at your local asian market) and spice mix (check bottom of recipe)
Saute paste and spices on a medium heat while stirring often
deglaze  with 1/2 cup white wine and simmer for a min or two
add 8 cups canned tomato strips and juice from can
stir and cook on a medium heat until most of the liquid is reduced
add one gallon of cream(or a half of cream and a half of half and half if you prefer)
simmer for 15 to 20 min
Use this sauce to poach/cook meat in
seafood and chicken are best, but you can do pork or beef if you want
simply place whatever protein you wish in a large saute' pan
cover it to the top with the sauce and cook in a 350 to 400 degree oven until protein is cooked all the way
for all you vegetarians out there toss this sauce with cooked asparagus, broccoli, grape tomato's peppers and your favorite pasta for a awesome veggie dinner pasta dish
SPICE MIX
1 cup yellow curry powder
1cup paprika
1/2 cup cumin
2 TBS grantilated garlic
1TBS Veg Base
1 TsP cayenne
1TbS onion powder
1 TBS ground coriander
and 2 TBS of whatever spices you wish if not listed

jedifunk

^^^
wow, that looks tasty... i might have to make that soon.  i'm guessing a good white fish is preferred?  and chicken would work well too i bet
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Jesso666

Yes MAko shark, and Mahi Mahi work really well as does Tilapia, but believe it or not he place I wrote the recipe for used salmon, But my favorite is shrimp and scallops then toss it with Pasta BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm A psychedelic flim flam of Curry Power Hits you in da Mouth!! And i forgot to mention that you should serve it with Rice(any kind) and Cooked Asparagus for sure!!!!!!! and yes the chicken is good but can be easily overcooked in the sauce and becomes tough, Oh yeah one more thing I forgot lol, when you deglaze with white wine add 1` or 2 TBS of lemon juice too and if anyone want to substitute coconut milk for cream please do!!!!!!!!!

Igbo

Quote from: Jesso666 on July 16, 2007, 04:44:10 PM
Yes MAko shark, and Mahi Mahi work really well as does Tilapia, but believe it or not he place I wrote the recipe for used salmon, But my favorite is shrimp and scallops then toss it with Pasta BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm A psychedelic flim flam of Curry Power Hits you in da Mouth!! And i forgot to mention that you should serve it with Rice(any kind) and Cooked Asparagus for sure!!!!!!! and yes the chicken is good but can be easily overcooked in the sauce and becomes tough, Oh yeah one more thing I forgot lol, when you deglaze with white wine add 1` or 2 TBS of lemon juice too and if anyone want to substitute coconut milk for cream please do!!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt coconut milk be more traditionally correct for a curry rather than cream?

Jesso666

Yes coconut milk is the traditional way but has more natural sugars than cream so it burns easy and chances of the sauce breaking increase but if you use the sauce as a poaching liquid and cook things in small batches coconut milk will be fine, larger batches the chance of your coco milk burning go wayyyyyy up, but again remember coconut milk has lots of natural sugars and will change your flavors and AS ALWAYS! you must taste taste taste while your making it you might have to adjust some things for the additional sweetness but for the most part the original recipe i wrote was coconut milk instead of cream but the Chef didnt want to buy coconut milk lol so i adjusted it and hey cream it super fattening and bad for you so of coarse it tastes Awesome
America FU*K YEah!

Igbo

Quote from: Jesso666 on July 16, 2007, 04:58:53 PM
Yes coconut milk is the traditional way but has more natural sugars than cream so it burns easy and chances of the sauce breaking increase but if you use the sauce as a poaching liquid and cook things in small batches coconut milk will be fine, larger batches the chance of your coco milk burning go wayyyyyy up, but again remember coconut milk has lots of natural sugars and will change your flavors and AS ALWAYS! you must taste taste taste while your making it you might have to adjust some things for the additional sweetness but for the most part the original recipe i wrote was coconut milk instead of cream but the Chef didnt want to buy coconut milk lol so i adjusted it and hey cream it super fattening and bad for you so of coarse it tastes Awesome
America FU*K YEah!

I definately agree with the scientific explanation, but i think with cream it makes the sauce way too heavy, and a more french-y approach.